Presidents

• Updated: Thu, March 15, 2012

• Reported By: EzRyder — Fulton Texas United States of America
CLEAR Internet
Palatine, Illinois United States of America

CLEAR Internet Read all the fine print in CLEAR terms of service!!! Stay away from these Scammers Palatine, Illinois

Aftr paying overages for a capped 5Gig account with Sprint for way too long, I signed up for CLEAR. Big Mistake!!!
I called for the basic(1.5Mbps download) plan. The sales agent wouldn't hear of that. She insisted that my experience would be so much better with the 6.0Mbps plan. It would be unlimited access, with blazing speeds so I could watch movies, sports, or do just about anything I wanted for as long as I wanted! That was true until the cancellation refund period was over.

Speeds never even came close to 6.0Mbps. Then speed dropped to 0.5Mbps or less. After putting up with this for a week or so, called the crack support team(beware!! -  english is not their first language, they have a script to follow, and are incredibly rude). I was informed that my bandwidth was being throttled because I was using too much. Just how is this determined? And by whom? Wow! I left a provider because of charges when I went over a 5 Gig cap. Signed up for what I thought(my bad, did not research, or read the TOS) was going to allow for a somewhat enjoyable experience with Netflix, Amazon, etc.

Long story short, They don't care. Sucker born every minute. Oh, by the way, the modem you must buy is a refurbished one and may or may not work when received.
Stay away from these rip-off artists! Flush you money down the toilet, it amounts to just about the same thing.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/15/2012 07:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CLEAR-Internet/Palatine-Illinois-/CLEAR-Internet-Read-all-the-fine-print-in-CLEAR-terms-of-service-Stay-away-from-these-854170. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CLEAR Internet