Complaint Review: CLEAR Internet

• Updated: Tue, February 01, 2011

• Reported By: Benjamin — Las Vegas Nevada United States of America
CLEAR Internet
Palatine, Illinois United States of America

CLEAR Internet Clearwire Deceptive Advertising, Deceptive Practices Palatine, Illinois

*Consumer Comment: I Have Cancelled Clear

CLEAR internet allows for you to fully setup new service on their website, but does not allow you to cancel it. While calling to speak with a customer service representative, after waiting on hold for 15 minutes, I was rudely hung up on when I refused to provide additional information other than my name and address. I am out of the country, and unable to call toll free, therefore CLEAR internet induced real life financial damages to me just trying to cancel their service. I understand that fraud most certainly occurs, but not when users are canceling service. CLEAR internet claims that they have full customer support online, yet online customer service can only offer canned responses for you to call their account services. CLEAR refuses to cancel my account, and I will be initiating a chargeback when they charge me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/01/2011 03:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CLEAR-Internet/Palatine-Illinois-66055/CLEAR-Internet-Clearwire-Deceptive-Advertising-Deceptive-Practices-Palatine-Illinois-689578. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CLEAR Internet

I Have Cancelled Clear

AUTHOR: Jacob - (USA)

I had Clear service, which I cancelled easily, and I have even gone back to them since then and am a current customer. Although poor customer service is a chronic problem today, I have actually found Clear's people to be significantly friendlier than average.

The fact that you were so rude to them that they were unable to help you does not mean they have "deceptive advertising and practices." If you really want your account cancelled, it makes no sense that you are being so cagey about some unspecified additional information. Why don't you just answer their questions honestly? It would've taken less time than writing your complaint and the rant you are about to write falsely accusing me of being a Clear shill.