amazing

• Updated: Sun, February 10, 2013

• Reported By: Fedup! — 2443 LEE ST Florida United States of America
CLEAR WIRELESS

CLEAR WIRELESS THEY DON'T REALLY CLOSE YOUR ACCOUNT INTERNET

In October of 2011, I signed up for the Clear Wireless 4g internet service which was needed while working the Fort Lauderdale Boat Show. After various attempts, finally realized that it would not work at the location where I needed it to work. On Oct 27, 2011, first day of show, I contacted Clear to terminate the account. Reached someone at one of their overseas call centers who I could barely understand. Got the runaround from him to tech support, all the while stating that I wanted the account closed. Finally got the account closed, or so I thought. Upon review of my latest credit card statement, I find a charge from Clear Wireless (lots of pages on this card's statement and just pay online without reviewing every charge). I go back to previous statements and find that they began billing me on April 27, 2012 (yes, if I had fully reviewed that statement, this would have been settled sooner). Apparently, the did not close my account, but (fraudulantly) placed it in "hibernate". Their customer service was abysmal. They kept repeating that I had requested to place service on hold, upon which I asked why I would do such a thing when there service is unusable, and besides, the day I closed with them I went to Verizon, got their MIFI which worked great at the location at which I needed it to work. They now supposedly closed the account but will only refund 2 months. If you close your account, make sure it is closed and tell your credit card company not to accept any future charges from these people.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/10/2013 10:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CLEAR-WIRELESS/internet/CLEAR-WIRELESS-THEY-DONT-REALLY-CLOSE-YOUR-ACCOUNT-INTERNET-1011745. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CLEAR WIRELESS