Complaint Review: CLEAR internet service

• Updated: Fri, November 11, 2011

• Reported By: HunkeyDorey — Atlanta Georgia United States of America
CLEAR internet service
Atlanta, Georgia United States of America

CLEAR internet service CLEAR internet is stealing money and entering fraudulent American Express numbers on customer accts. BEWARE!! Atlanta, Georgia

This company is very fraudulent. I bought the USB device at a kiosk in the mall. I was told that if I paid cash I would receive an extra discount so I did ($52.43). Little did I know that this was a scam When I went back to the kiosk to return the device after using it for a few weeks, the kiosk was gone. I contacted customer service who told me to return the device to them. They stated they would send me a prepaid shipping label and to send the device back via UPS which I did. When I called to check on the status of the refund, I was told it was credited to the American Express card on file.

After several hours of conversation with customer service and eventually going to a store, I found out that the guys at the Northlake Mall kiosk was taking cash and entering some random American Express prepaid debit card. So guess what? The refund was placed on this card so these guys have pocketed my money! I have talked to so many supposedly customer service people, even an area manager that I have yet to hear from. Beware! Do not purchase their service because their billing is very questionable. I am so thankful now that I did pay cash and did not give them my debit card number. This company needs to be shut down.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/11/2011 08:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CLEAR-internet-service/Atlanta-Georgia-/CLEAR-internet-service-CLEAR-internet-is-stealing-money-and-entering-fraudulent-American-797273. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CLEAR internet service