Gods

• Submitted: Thu, April 10, 2003
  • Updated: Thu, April 10, 2003

• Reported By:Clio Michigan
CMS Consolidated Media Services
2550 HERITAGE CT STE 106 Atlanta, Georgia U.S.A.

CMS Consolidated Media Services Deceptive BUT THIS IS HOW I DIDN'T LOSE Atlanta Georgia

I was fooled as everyone else. Usually I interrupt the telemarketer within the first few seconds, ask them to take my name of their lists, and hang up. This time I didn't. I fell into the trap back in February.

Now, two months later, I've been billed a couple of times from the company. The first billing must have been made almost the first day I talked to them! Whatever happened to their confirmation package, I don't know. I never received any type of documents from the company.

But I have received more phone calls. One was a month ago, and I couldn't understand the gentleman whatsoever. I had no idea what he was talking about. Everytime he paused for a second though, I thought that was my queue to say 'ok'. Ooops (I found out now) that was my verification of services from the company.

Then yesterday, to get my blood running, I received another call from the company. Another gentleman, who I could of understood if he would have slowed down reading his script. He started by asking if I received the mags. Nope. I haven't received anything. He ended up trying to get me in on this *NEW* collector's coin deal.

I couldn't understand fully what this deal was all about. All I heard was free 14-day trial and then billed. I had to tell him that I didn't want the free trial three times before he quit. Then, rapidly he thanked me for accepting some other monthly trial, and then I heard ^click^.

So, I found this site very shortly thereafter. I also found the email address of one of their 'top dogs'. I emailed him yesterday afternoon. I lied to him, and I told him I had sent a cancellation shortly after signing up. I told him I was upset by the phone call I just received. I asked for cancellation a final time, and for credit to my card for everything that was billed. And then I threatened by saying I would contact the Better Business Bureau if my demands were not met.

Last evening he responded by email. It explained that I never "made a timely request for cancellation". Blah, blah, blah. Then he addresses that a credit was applied and I was cancelled. "Out of good faith" - he stated. Sweet!

Here's the information I used and his direct line:

churst@cmsmags.com
1-800-551-1333 x2253
Chris Hornaday
Manager, Compliance Department
Consolidated Media Services

Compliance Department??? The company needs a whole department to handle upset customers? Go figure!

Good luck to everyone else... I would love to hear if anyone else can manipulate through their system.

Craig
Clio, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/10/2003 12:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CMS-Consolidated-Media-Services/Atlanta-Georgia-30339/CMS-Consolidated-Media-Services-Deceptive-BUT-THIS-IS-HOW-I-DIDNT-LOSE-Atlanta-Georgia-52416. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CMS Consolidated Media Services