Complaint Review: CMS Consolidated Media Services

• Submitted: Mon, March 24, 2003
  • Updated: Mon, March 24, 2003

• Reported By:North Providence Rhode Island
CMS Consolidated Media Services
200 Chastain Center Blvd Suite 200 Kennesaw, Georgia U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-226-7356
  • Web:
  • Category: Media

CMS Consolidated Media Services rip-off Kennesaw Georgia

CMS contacted me in regard to the magazine account that I had established with them. The day they called me, I was sleeping, I answered the phone and the person on the line spoke to me about my account and was asking me questions relating to billing.

The next thing I knew, I was put on hold to speak to a supervisor to authorize my account to be debited 574.00 rather than pay monthly installments that I had signed up for. When I realized what she said, I hung up before going to the supervisor, confident that because I wasn't going to be charged this amount because I didn't receive an authorization number directly from the Supervisor.

(This information was told to me from one of their employees directly, during one of my many calls to their customer service center, stating that this is how their authorization process works.)

To my surprise, the 574.00 was debited from my bank account,without my authorization and caused my bank account to go into the negative with insufficient fund charges ranging over 700.00. I immediately contacted CMS and was told that they had to review the tapes of my conversations with them.

I received a call from one of their employees stating that after reviewing the tapes, they would credit my account for 574.00. I explained the situation with my bank account and she told me to forward any bank statements showing insufficient fund fees to them and that they would compensate for them. She even gave me a fax number that I could fax them to.

I went to my bank, received statements showing the fees and faxed it over. Today, I received a call from one of their supervisor's, arguing with me over the fact that I authorized the charge to my account and they would not refund the bank charges. I countered that argument, while reminding him of his company's policy about authorizing such charges by connecting me to a supervisor, which did not happen because I hung up the phone. (noted above) And also indicated that his company knew they were at fault because they refunded the initial 574.00 charge to my account. He stated that I was stating opinions and he had the facts.

After going back and forth with him, I requested his Manager, by which he identified was Mr. Courtney Wilson. I spoke with Mr. Wilson and he too stated that they would not be willing to refund my bank charges. After going nowhere with him, yet again, I requested the number to his corporate office and the company's law division. All he was able to provide me with were addresses, stating that they were not allowed to give out the phone numbers.

I'm at a loss, I have nowhere to turn with this company. They will not cancel my account with them, because they indicated that the cancellation window expired. Very Convenient!! Is there anyone, anywhere that can help me??

Sue
North Providence, Rhode Island

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/24/2003 02:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CMS-Consolidated-Media-Services/Kennesaw-Georgia-30144/CMS-Consolidated-Media-Services-rip-off-Kennesaw-Georgia-50364. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CMS Consolidated Media Services