Complaint Review: C.M.S Moving & Storage Inc.

• Submitted: Mon, February 22, 2010
  • Updated: Mon, February 22, 2010

• Reported By: Stacy — Monroe Georgia United States of America
C.M.S Moving & Storage Inc.
elizabeth, New Jersey United States of America

C.M.S Moving & Storage Inc. Scammers, liars. elizabeth, New Jersey

I apologize for the grammar...Im just typing away  : )

I'm July of 2009 after many moving companies estimates we Spoke to Kirk at CMS.  he gave us a "quote" not estimate through email which I still have.  When the movers get there i find out they were picked up that morning in queens to do the move (the way they pick up illegal immigrants in the corners).  The foreman gives me a different quote and after spending about 3 hrs back and forth on the phone and looking at my emails we came to an agreement.  (that afternoon I had new tenants moving in so I HAD to be out of the house)  In the middle of the moving 2 of the guys get into a fist fight in front of my house, I don't know why. After many changes in the price my husband had to go to the bank to get $2000.00 to pay for half of the move...the money disappeared.  The foreman did not know what to do because he didn't know any of the guys and couldn't figure out who could have done it. [continued below]....
.....  After thinking it through with my husband we were skeptical about calling the cops because these guys had my address and we couldn't trust them.  I requested these guys did not go to my new house to unpack, this was granted.  I told the foreman to finish packing everything and get out of my house.

When my furniture made it to my house in GA 2 days late,  all if my furniture seem to had been kicked around... I find out that at some point all of my furniture was transferred to another truck for delivery.  I was told by the delivery person whom by the way is another company doing a favor for CMS that I had 9 months to file a claim (people dont unpack immediately) was what he told me.  I called Kirk to confirm this and he did.  By September I took some pictures to file a claim (the damages were scratches and chips to all my furniture and i didnt want to send hundreds of photos so i did the big ones) and after calling Kirk he told me to email them to David.  All the emails were returned to me because their mailbox were full (I tried CMS, Kirk and David email) .  After many attempts to get in touch with Davis or Kirk another employee told me they were going to fire Kirk because of the complaints and also told me I am not allowed to email the pics but mail them, I left my name number and no returned call.

Last week I finally got in touch with David and he told me that yes I can email them but I only had 30 days to file a claim. he said it says it nt he contract, my response "the contract that was verbally changed lots of time when it came to the money".  I told him i will send the pics and to send them to claim and see what happens with the attached emails i had previously tried sending. Also told me Kirk was no longer with them because the COMPANY MOVED to Ohio.  I asked him to please confirm he received the email.  It is now a week later no confirmation and seems to never be in the office.  Still waiting

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/22/2010 10:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CMS-Moving-Storage-Inc/elizabeth-New-Jersey-07201/CMS-Moving-Storage-Inc-Scammers-liars-elizabeth-New-Jersey-573052. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on C.M.S Moving & Storage Inc.