Complaint Review: CMS World's Best Cat Litter

• Updated: Thu, June 30, 2011

• Reported By: Globalstudies — Valley Stream New York United States of America
CMS World's Best Cat Litter
Winston Salem, North Carolina United States of America

CMS World's Best Cat Litter Denied submission. Originally claimed that I submitted the wrong UPC, then changed story but still denied rebate. FRAUD! Winston Salem, North Carolina

I purchased this product, "The Worlds Best Cat Litter" because of a promotion that promised to refund the purchase price. I submitted the rebate form along with proof of purchase and UPC from the bag of cat litter.  A month later I was informed by mail that my submission was being denied and a phone number was provided.  When I called to inquire as to the reason for the denial, I was told that I submitted the wrong UPC from the bag.  I asked how this was possible when there is only one UPC on a bag.

The represenative suggested that perhaps I cut a UPC from some other product but the one I submitted didnt register in their system. I ran out to the store and purchased another bag of litter (which I later returned).  I contacted CMS once again, and when I was told the same story about a wrong UPC, I informed the representative that I had another bag in front of me with the same UPC.  The CMS rep then confided in me that there have been many problems with this promotion but would not elaborate. I was told that this would be looked into, only to receive a post card shortly thereafter informing me that my submission was disqualified. No other detail was given. Long story short, FRAUD!

On a side note, the cat litter was not very good.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/30/2011 09:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CMS-Worlds-Best-Cat-Litter/Winston-Salem-North-Carolina-27102-2850/CMS-Worlds-Best-Cat-Litter-Denied-submission-Originally-claimed-that-I-submitted-the-w-747473. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CMS World's Best Cat Litter