Complaint Review: CMS or Consolidated Media Services

Atlanta, Georgia U.S.A.
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Media

CMS or Consolidated Media Services rip-off unethical lying dishonest rude scam artists! Atlanta Georgia

These people are unbelievable. They called up my wife, and she agreed *only* to receive their information in the mail with the understanding that she could read it over so as to make a sound decision on whether to cancel within ten days. The next day she went out of town for work, and called me saying she wanted me to call and cancel it. T

hey wouldn't let me, because I "wasn't authorized." I told them that I'm her spouse, and it's MY money and MY bank account, but they still refused. So when my wife was back in town, she called, but they said it was past the ten day mark (I think it was only the 11th or 12th day!!!). That is UNETHICAL!! They *knew* we no longer wanted their services, and they truly did not care. That was the first sign of trouble.

Since then, we never received most of our magazines, they keep calling us and harrassing us with finances and new deals, even though we have already paid them off and even though I have told them to stop calling. We tried several times to let them know that it's OKAY to speak with me, the husband, but they still say everytime that I am not authorized, only my wife, which is BS!!

They're rude, unintelligent, and they never do anything we ask. I still don't receive 5 mags a month. In fact, I only ever got four. One of them I only received one issue of. Another one came for three months then stopped. The other two actually did come for a full year, but then both stopped. The first of these asked me to renew my subscription, and they other one was demanding payment from me!!

Now hold on, these were ALL supposed to be PAID FOR for four years! What the hell is going on? I have called them to rectify this, and they don't give a rat's a*s. They have frauded me, taken my money that could have been better spent (on my dog's foot surgery that I can't afford, for example, because she's in constant pain from it), and I am just so disgusted that a company like this can be allowed to exist in our fine country.

Whatever happened to protecting the consumer? Are they any companies or officials that I could call to shut these people down, or at least make them refund the 200.00 or so bucks that I have lost to them???

Thanks for reading, interested parties are welcome to contact me at tsilentlucidity at yahoo dot com with any responses. Thanks again,

Jeremy
Bakersfield, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/10/2003 10:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CMS-or-Consolidated-Media-Services/Atlanta-Georgia/CMS-or-Consolidated-Media-Services-rip-off-unethical-lying-dishonest-rude-scam-artists-At-40910. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CMS or Consolidated Media Services