whereby

• Submitted: Fri, May 02, 2003
  • Updated: Fri, May 02, 2003

• Reported By:Tonawanda New York
CMS/Consolidated Media Services/Mosmags
200 Chastain Center Blvd Suite 200 Kennesaw, Georgia U.S.A.

CMS/ Consolidated Media Services/ Mosmags ripoff, misleading, deceptive scam just got hung up on by Tony in cust.service!!! Kennesaw Georgia

I am an 18 year old college student paying my own way through. Someone called me about 11:30 at night on my fathers cell phone to congratulate me on my new charge card and asked me to verify the number to make sure I was me. I thought they were from the charge card company and I gave them my number. Then they told me I won a free watch and told me everyone with this charge card gets magazines. I picked out some. They never told me it costs any money. This was in November.

I transfered out of that college in December and when my charge bill came my father saw it as he pays it for emergencies. I was being charged for these magazines that I thought were free because of just getting the charge card. My father called and spoke to Mar'kie Thomas who he told I was not at that school anymore and he wanted to cancel. She said that would be fine if I called and asked for her and gave her operater number of #222. He also told her my new address. I have tried to call since then (it's now May 2) and no one will let me speak to her. I still have no magazines or watch even though we told them I moved back in December.

My parents had to put a block on my Dads cell phone and the charge card company closed my account plus I have to file disputes. They are investigating why this company used them to sell magazines. (On april 4 they called the cell phone again about a contest in June.)

I just called them again because on April 14th we called to cancel again. A supervisor was supposed to call back in 24 hours and didn't. Instead I got a letter stating I will get bills to my house now. What about the magazines??????????????????????????

The man I just spoke to (Tony) just hung up on me. I was telling him to cancel (I now understand from the attorney generals office in New York that I should have had these in 8-12 weeks or I can cancel.) I was asking for a refund of 66.65 for each month of Dec., Jan., and Feb. and my card just got billed another 199.95 in April. He hung up on me as I was asking for this.

My parents are very P****** off. They won't pay another dime and because he hung up on me they are going to help me pursue this further. We're going to file the attorney generals complaint and contact the FTC.

I now understand that the way these were sold to me was completely illegal and I was scammed big time. I was never told I was paying anything and never received any paperwork. They completely lie. I thought they were from VISA.

I want to warn other kids just going to college about this and hopefully get my money back. If anyone else has any ideas how to do that please let me know.

Darryl
Tonawanda, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/02/2003 01:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CMSConsolidated-Media-ServicesMosmags/Kennesaw-Georgia-30144/CMS-Consolidated-Media-Services-Mosmags-ripoff-misleading-deceptive-scam-just-got-hung-55441. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CMS/Consolidated Media Services/Mosmags