Complaint Review: CNA

• Updated: Mon, April 15, 2013

• Reported By: Norma — Spokne Washington
CNA
7805 Hudson Rd.m Internet United States of America

CNA LTC Insurance Purchased LTC insurance from CNA; filed two claims, both denied. Flimsy excuses; unreasonable demands,selective & incomplete reasons for denial. Internet, Minnesota

July, 2000, purchased long term care insurance from CNA.  July, 2010, filed claim for assisted living.  Denied.  Accept that because I didn't have clear understanding of qualifications.  However, had been told I had to move into facility before filing claim.

Sold my home in Las Vegas at $22,000 loss.  Had $20,000 savings which used to move to Spokane, WA, pay expenses at assisted living facility for 4 1/2  months and later to purchase household  items I had given away but had to replace when I moved into an apartment.

March, 2012, filed claim for home care assistance.  Claim denied in October, 2013, based on physical therapists report my mobility & posture improved after six sessions of PT.  CNA neglected to report physicians report that PT was completed without success.  Appealed denial.

In February, 2013, CNA advised they had made an appointment for me to consult an Independent Medical Examiner on March 11th.  I did and found it to be unique experience.  Doctor is a physiatrist, which he explained his specialty as being muscular/skeletal systems of the body.

He spent inordinate time measuring & testing my arms and legs.  Both are fine and always have been.  Problem is degenerative disks Lumbar 1 through 5.  For vertebrae he pressed first on hip joints then lumbar vertebrae and asked if i could feel it.  Yes.  How did it feel?  It hurt.

Doctor's furnishings are old and worn; waiting room not well maintained/cleaned.  He spent about an hour checking my extremities/lumbar spine and administering what I assume to be strength tests.

Lastly, I recently realized CNA had never sent me a policy.  All I have is the information packet and forms to file claims.  At time of purchase I was in litigation (for five years) over my late fiance's estate/trust and was spending all my time and energy pursuing that, so had not time to focus on CNA.  I believe I've been ripped-off, since I've paid them $83,770 over 12 years for services that are not forthcoming, nor do they appear to be.

One would believe 13 months is sufficient amoung of time to review claims/appeal.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/15/2013 02:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CNA/internet/CNA-LTC-Insurance-Purchased-LTC-insurance-from-CNA-filed-two-claims-both-denied-Flimsy-1043461. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CNA