Complaint Review: CNAC - JD Byrider

• Updated: Sun, September 06, 2009

• Reported By: internetdaze — Phoenix Arizona USA
CNAC - JD Byrider
5201 W. Glendale Ave. Glendale, Arizona United States of America

CNAC - JD Byrider CNAC Finance Blown Head Gasket and they still tryed to "secretly" repo my car! Glendale, Arizona

I bought a 1991 Ford Taurus from JD Byrider in November of 2008 in Glendale, AZ and paid $9200, well over book value for it- I figured it was a good start to re establish my credit after having difficulties after the recession hit- after all, they did offer the 24 month warranty, which had to be worth something, right?  The car only booked at a high value of around $3500- so, I had just moved to Phoenix, got a new job and now I had my car to get to work, what a great start- so, come August, I decide to take my week vacation to visit my grandchildren and only 150 miles out of town, my head gasket blows!

The warranty specifically says to call the service shop and if they are not available to then call the sales shop for instructions, so I did. I spoke with Marcello who would always call me and try to get me to give him referrals. Marcello told me to get the car fixed and bring back the receipts, so I spent the next 3 days in a motel, wasting my planned vacation, waiting for my car to get fixed, then $1800 later, it was fixed and I spent the next 3 days of my vacation with my grandkids, short of money, of course.  I got back to Phoenix and brought in the receipts and they didn't want to reimburse me because Marcello said he never told me to get it fixed!!! Long story short, my payment was due and I told them I wasn't making it until I had resolution, so they told me they would pay me in three weeks and made it seem like they were bending the rules just for me!

Over and over I had to call them and they would just pass the phone around and make promises to call me back and never keep them!  Finally, when they finally agreed that they would only pay me $1100, because they felt that was all it was worth, they told me the check would be ready in 2-3 weeks and I told them I would make my payment then, because I was trying to recover from the loss- they said OK, but one afternoon, here comes a tow truck with a person knocking at the door!!!  Well, my friends car was parked behind the car and I didn't answer the door, so they didn't get the car and wow, after CNAC Finance had been telling me for weeks that they couldn't get involved in my dispute with the warranty and the service shop, now they were calling saying they had my warranty reimbursement check in their office and I needed to come in so they could cash it and take the late payment out of that check- I thought they couldn't get involved?

Anyway, they shorted me $700 and I am not happy- they also tried to repo the car after they made an agreement to wait with me!!!  Now the alternator on the car went out and just for the part it is $300 and that is not covered under their so called warranty- I don't want this car anymore- when my next payment is due I am just telling them to keep their car-this grief is not worth it to me!!!  I just don't want to have to pay any fees or keep paying for a car I don't have- can the attorney general help me with this?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/06/2009 12:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CNAC-JD-Byrider/Glendale-Arizona-/CNAC-JD-Byrider-CNAC-Finance-Blown-Head-Gasket-and-they-still-tryed-to-secretly-repo-490967. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CNAC - JD Byrider