Complaint Review: CNAC - JDByrider

• Submitted: Fri, August 13, 2004
  • Updated: Fri, June 05, 2009

• Reported By:Fayette Missouri
CNAC - JDByrider
1905 Rangeline St Columbia,MO, Missouri U.S.A.

CNAC/JDByrider ripoff Columbia,MO Missouri

*Consumer Suggestion: Make payments on time

*UPDATE Employee: your right and wrong

I had currently purchased a car in April of 2004, the first thing they did that was fishy was that it took Four hours for paperwork and after sitting so long you kind of get impatient and just say "yes" or "o.K." to anything just to hurry up and get out of there.

Well in the interview the interviewer said my payments would be 145.00/mo I said O.K. that fits my budget. After reviewing the contract he put down 145.00/bi-weekly. That's 290.00 a month for a car I NEVER got to choose the salesman assumed I would like it. Not to mention almost 300$ for a 1996 Buick Skylark w/no hup caps(which was promised to me,and I'm still waiting on the hub-caps.

I've seen three other cars purchased from JDByrider and I've also noticed to myself that those cars had hubcaps missing in the same place. Another thing is The first few payments I made was at the CNAC office-on time. The next 3-4 were sent in money order through the mail. That's when the harrassing started saying that my payments are 1-2 days late. I told them that's what to expect with mail the post date was on my payment date it was sent on the payment date it's not my fault it takes a few days.

In June/04 I called telling CNAC my pay dates have changed due to different job and could they rearrange my payments with my pay days they said "sure" well I'm still getting phone calls saying I'm late. They even called me on my job threating to reposess the car because none of my payments have been on time. When I told her I have receipts to prove it, and my paydate changed.

I also asked in July if I could start making monthly payments she said I would have to pay 2 months in advance plus the bi/weekly payment that's over 700$. They are the most rude,unorganized city slicking business I've ever delt with and I wish I would have just been patient and saved up 500 more dollars and got a better brand-new car with less hassle and something I chose. Can anyone give some help?

MICKA
Fayette, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/13/2004 12:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CNAC-JDByrider/ColumbiaMO-Missouri-65205/CNACJDByrider-ripoff-ColumbiaMO-Missouri-103511. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CNAC - JDByrider

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Make payments on time

AUTHOR: Paula - (U.S.A.)

If your payments are due on the 12th of the month the payment has to be received by the company BY the 12th of the month. Mailing it on the 12th will make for a late payment and in many cases they will charge a late payment fee in addition to added interest on the loan for each day your payment is late. You should definitely make an effort to mail the payment at least 4 days in advance of the due date.

your right and wrong

AUTHOR: J - (U.S.A.)

reguardless if they promised hub caps it is reasonable to expect hub caps and I would Suggest you speak with the GM.
you need to know getting your payments in 2 days late "consistanly" should not cause harasement but they will call if payments are not recieved in a consistant manor.I know it can be a challenge but try to get a payment or two ahead not all at once but by adding to your regular payments $20-$50 per bi-wkly pmt. if you pay 2 days late every payment your still a good payer and will report as such but the loan will capture 2 more days of interest out of your 145.00 payment leaving less to go to your balance and over time you could end up paying more interest than the loan called for. on the flip side if you get ahead of your payments and pay early they could collect less interest than the loan called for "its up to you" not them.
they should have welcomed your phone call about yor job change and took that into consideration but most finance companies will only edit accounts for extreme problems and a job change is common and not a good reason for them to adjust your account. again if you were paying ahead at this point it would have been a non issue and been less stress for you to worry about. change your thinking that you will succeed and find soloutions to problems try your best to be proactive and quit trying to blame others. I am not saying the finance company shouldn't help if able but they are under no obligation to make consessions on your loan.