Complaint Review: CNAC/JD Byrider

CNAC/JD Byrider Bad Customer Service Jacksonville, Florida

*Consumer Comment: Here's The Protection

*Author of original report: More Info

*Consumer Comment: How?

I've had a 2000 ford taurus since the end of december of 2009 with this company. Made all my payments on time automatically every 2 weeks on time, I'm not going to whine about the high interest or the state of the car when I bought it, I signed the papers and made that decision because I was in a rough spot and needed a car right then and I had crap credit at the time. What I will become vocal about is sure I made a few late payments, but I always made the payment after a job change and a pay cut. The issue I'm having at this point is that they are telling me they will not accept my payment until I come into their office tomorrow (today is late 092311 early 092411) on a saturday. The first guy I spoke with was rude, attempted to treat me like I was dirt and didn't like it to much when I kept control of the phone call, I've worked as a bill collector, retention rep and a few other positions over the last 5 years or so. I will be updating this with what information I get from the company tomorrow as I honestly don't want a repo on my credit and I am not entirely certain what other steps I can take to protect myself, I do know one thing for certain. I will not purchase another vehicle from a buy here pay here place without some dire need again

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/23/2011 09:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CNACJD-Byrider/Jacksonville-Florida-/CNACJD-Byrider-Bad-Customer-Service-Jacksonville-Florida-780694. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CNAC/JD Byrider

Here's The Protection

AUTHOR: Jim - (USA)

Do they want you to bring in the payment in person or do they just want to talk about your payment record? You said you kept control of the conversation...that could mean they think talking to you over the phone is a waste of time. Therefore they want to talk to you in the office under their terms.

This place is no different than any loan operation. When you don't make payments on time they start getting nasty because they want their money.

The protection you have is to make your payments on time. No, I don't work for them.

More Info

AUTHOR: Dez - (United States of America)

I ended up changing jobs and taking a pay cut, hard to make ends meet at the start of the month with a lower salary so I ended up having to make a few payments about a week late, but yea, they always got paid, I call yesterday and I am told that they will not accept my payment until I come into the office, yes this payment would have ended up 6 days late but I was still making the payment. At that point I'm told I need to come into the office or they will not accept my payment, the person tells me he won't let me speak to a manager and so forth as written previously

How?

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Just how do you go from making all of your payments on time, to making a few payments late but making them, to having them require you to come in or they are going to repo the car.

Seems like you have left out a few details.