Complaint Review: COLUMBIA HOUSE - DVD CLUB

• Submitted: Mon, March 01, 2010
  • Updated: Mon, March 01, 2010

• Reported By: Scott — Chelsea Massachusetts United States of America
COLUMBIA HOUSE - DVD CLUB

COLUMBIA HOUSE - DVD CLUB Resurected Dormant DVD Club Account via E-mail Internet

Last week, Columbia House DVD Club re-activated my 7 or 8 year old membership and enrolled me in the DVD of the month club. I satisfied my buying requirement years ago, shortly after joining. Columbia  House notified me of this via a single e-mail, stating that if I do nothing, the selection will be shipped to me.

After reading all the other complaints against this company, it makes me wonder if they will just throw some overdue amount on my account and send me to collection.

It's a shameful way to get sales by going through old accounts and re-activating them, catching people unawares, and then putting them on the hook for products they don't want. Furthermore, the e-mail went into my SPAM folder where, only by chance, I happened to come across it and clicked!

What's really difficult is to find out where this company is located and then reporting them to the BBB in that jurisdiction. Harrisburg, PA appears only to be the location of their collection agency NRA. The corporate office is in New York. Where do we report these scums? Thanks

Scott

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/01/2010 10:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/COLUMBIA-HOUSE-DVD-CLUB/internet/COLUMBIA-HOUSE-DVD-CLUB-Resurected-Dormant-DVD-Club-Account-via-E-mail-Internet-576053. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on COLUMBIA HOUSE - DVD CLUB