Complaint Review: COLUMBIA HOUSE DVD

• Submitted: Wed, December 02, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, December 07, 2009

• Reported By: Mark — Albuquerque New Mexico U.S.A.
COLUMBIA HOUSE DVD

COLUMBIA HOUSE DVD National Recovery Agency I just found out that on my credit report there is a false allegation that I owe this Columbia House DVD money from 2005 and National Recovery Agency trying to collect. Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: Contact the PA Attorney General

Just found out that on my credit report there is this National Recovery Agency trying to collect $111.00 on a debt of $6.00 I owe this Columbia House DVD from 2005.  Have no idea of where this came from.  This collection agency was no help and did not care; and, they also have an incorrect address on file for me.

This stupid little fraud had lowered my credit score enough that it kept me from qualifying for a house.  What a crock.

I see there are many reports, and some jerk needs to spend some time in jail for his frauds and for the harm they are causing people.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/02/2009 05:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/COLUMBIA-HOUSE-DVD/internet/COLUMBIA-HOUSE-DVD-National-Recovery-Agency-I-just-found-out-that-on-my-credit-report-ther-532515. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on COLUMBIA HOUSE DVD

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Contact the PA Attorney General

AUTHOR: bbiggjr - (USA)

You might have read my Rip-Off Report on these same jokers. They were also trying to collect a debt from me about some old, old Columbia House account that I did not believe was mine. They never contacted me, though, and simply put it on my credit report. I sent them a letter requesting that they sent me any proof that the debt was actually mine, but of course they did not.

I contacted the PA Attorney General, and they were quite quick to get back to me, informing me that they would look into the matter. Within a couple of months, they got back to me with a letter from the crooks, saying they would remove the item from my credit report.