• Submitted: Mon, June 11, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, June 11, 2007

• Reported By:Pittsburgh Pennsylvania

Once again, we have been "deceived" by Comcast tricks.

In January, we wanted to cancel our HBO. So, we call to cancel, and they convince us to stay for $5.00 a month.

So, we get our bill the following month, and our bill is DOUBLE. That's right, DOUBLE! We call and they said since there was a change in service, we made you a new customer and we charge all new customers a month in advance. We were furious. We were never told this when we called to cancel our HBO (which we did not cancel anyway!!)

Then, fast forward to June, 2007. We had a "Comcast solicitor" come to our door trying to sell us "Digital Voice". So, I listen to his spiel, and I urge him at least 10 TIMES, our bill will only change $5.00 a month? That was what got us to purchase the digital voice, because it would only raise our bill $5.00 additional dollars a month.

So, after my insistance to the salesperson that he assures me that our bill will only change $5.00 a month, we get a bill for over $250.00 today. Yes, that's right, DOUBLE again!!!!

TRUST me when I say, I would have NEVER, EVER, EVER agreed to this service upgrade if the salesman had divulged that we would be paying a "month in advance", AGAIN!!! because Comcast considered us a "new customer" again! It's down right fraudelent!!! They do not divulge this information to their customers. Calling does not do any good. I spoke to a manager, and two customer service representatives. They all are full of the same story.

SHORT AND SWEET, DO NOT CHANGE YOUR COMCAST SERVICE (ADD OR DISCONNECT ANY PROGRAMS LIKE HBO OR SHOWTIME), because on your next bill (TRUST ME, THIS HAS HAPPENED TWICE IN 6 MONTHS), you will get a DOUBLE BILL!!! I in fact am filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau next.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/11/2007 11:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/COMCAST-OF-PITTSBURGH/PITTSBURGH-Pennsylvania-15218/COMCAST-OF-PITTSBURGH-DECEPTIVE-BILLING-PRACTICES-PITTSBURGH-Pennsylvania-253677. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on COMCAST OF PITTSBURGH