• Report: #712033

• Submitted: Wed, March 30, 2011
  • Updated: Wed, March 30, 2011

• Reported By: Beth — houston Texas United States of America
W. TIDWELL Internet United States of America

Comcast outsources marketing to agencies they do not have the names nor contact #s of.
A "comcast" rep called me at my home and offered me Internet and home phone for $39.98/mo, no installation, no other charges.  I repeatedly asked this question, will there be any charges.  The rep recorded the call, supposedly, to verify I was agreeing to leave my then provider.  I made sure to ask the question about the fee while being "recorded."
When I got my first bill, there was a $7/monthly recurring fee for modem rental.  Despite my requests to locate the tape of the recorded conversation, Comcast could not produce it and said I would have to pay the $7/mo.  This was such a scam!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/30/2011 02:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/COMCAST/internet/COMCAST-XFINITY-PROMOTION-SALES-LIES-LIES-Internet-712033. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on COMCAST