Complaint Review: COMP USA

• Submitted: Sat, March 04, 2000
  • Updated: Sat, March 04, 2000

• Reported By:SDherman Oaks CA
COMP USA
Owensmouth Avenue Woodland Hills, Calif U.S.A.

Comp USA repair service sucks

My computer tech was on vacation and I brought my unit to Comp USA. It seems a registry file had corrupted. They kept it for almost 2 weeks (giving me a song and dance each time I called)and then said they would have to reformat the hard drive and I would lose everything.

After paying the $40 fee for a new SCSI card which I didn't need, I took the computer to my usual tech who repaired it the same day and I did not lose a thing. That was about 4 months ago and I will never trust CompUSA again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/04/2000 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/COMP-USA/Woodland-Hills-Calif-91356/Comp-USA-repair-service-sucks-1482. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on COMP USA