• Submitted: Fri, April 16, 2010
  • Updated: Fri, April 16, 2010

• Reported By: AllegiantGirl — Desert City California United States of America
25 Melville Park Road, Suite 100 Melville, New York United States of America

CONSUMER SURVEY SPECIALISTS, Consumer Survey Specialist Hospitality And Services Evaluation Group Melville, New York

Rec'd an evelope w/no return addr on 4/15/2010.  I had been online some time ago researching work-at-home opportunities.  So when this offer & check came in the mail I guess I thought they were connected.  The check was for $2, 897.40.  I took it to US Bank, who verified it was real & opened a new account w/this check as my only deposit.  I called the phone # in the letter for a Mr. Charles Hayes (514-663-9022.  He told me to wait until the check cleared ( a couple days) then call him for further instructions.  The ver next day he called me.  His company, he said, had informed him that the check had indeed cleared.  I told him that it was a new account & the check would not clear for about 5 day.  He informed me that the check had indeed cleared & that I was to go to the bank & take out all but $450.00 (my fee for my 1st assignment) in cash.  When I had the cash in hand I was to call him back for my assignment.  Of course, by now, I was smelling a rat.  "I can't use a check or an ATM card for these assignments?"  I asked.  "NO," he replied.  "We don't deal with cash."  "OK," I answered.  Immediately, I got on the internet & found others who had nearly fallen for the same scam.  You know, it is easy to be scammed even when a red flag goes up, when you really want to believe something is true.  I called my bank & told them my story.  I deposited $100. into this new account so that when the "cleared" check returned to the bank my new account would not be overdrawn.  And since I was diligent in calling the bank & spilling the whole sorry story to them they are going to credit me back the $19.00 it will cost me when the $2, 897.40 bounces!  These scammers are getting so good!  I have been dealing w/banks all my life but because I wanted this to be a good thing I didn't pay attention to the red flag waving until it was nearly too late!  Remember, always check the internet first!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/16/2010 03:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CONSUMER-SURVEY-SPECIALISTS/Melville-New-York-11747/CONSUMER-SURVEY-SPECIALISTS-Consumer-Survey-Specialist-Hospitality-And-Services-Evaluatio-593962. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CONSUMER SURVEY SPECIALISTS