Complaint Review: CONTEL OF THE SOUTH INC. (PALISADES COLLECTION,LLC)

• Submitted: Tue, June 03, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, June 20, 2008

• Reported By:Terre Haute Indiana
CONTEL OF THE SOUTH INC. (PALISADES COLLECTION,LLC)
8014 BAYBERRY ROAD JACKSONVILLE, Florida U.S.A.

CONTEL OF THE SOUTH INC. (PALISADES COLLECTION,LLC) Palisades Collection Co. is billing me for a debt for Contel of the South and I have never heard of this company!!! JACKSONVILLE Florida

*Consumer Comment: Hi I just got a bill for a collector for them

*Consumer Comment: Contel of the South

Contel of the South is billing me for 173.36 for a phone bill i had back in 2001. They are saying it was for Feb. 11th, 2001 and i didn't live in this area code where the bill is for untill March or April of 2001.

I have never received any bill in the past from this company. Last i checked i it wasn't on my credit report. It could be now since this is all coming about but i have a clean and clear credit so i will be very upset if it is on there now. they also had it in my maiden name and sent to my mothers address in which i haven't lived there for several years.

I can't find out any info on the Contel of the South Company, i would like an address at where they get this phone bill from. Someone please help me figure this out so it doesn't mess up my credit.

Amanda
Terre Haute, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/03/2008 07:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CONTEL-OF-THE-SOUTH-INC-PALISADES-COLLECTIONLLC/JACKSONVILLE-Florida-32256-7412/CONTEL-OF-THE-SOUTH-INC-PALISADES-COLLECTIONLLC-Palisades-Collection-Co-is-billing-me-336884. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CONTEL OF THE SOUTH INC. (PALISADES COLLECTION,LLC)

Hi I just got a bill for a collector for them

AUTHOR: P- Adams - (U.S.A.)

Hi Amanda,

I am Patrice from greenville, SC and I just got a bill from a collector for them. Whats so weird about this, is that I have never had a home phone bill in my name before. I have tried contacting this agency and it is busy every time. I would like more information on what steps your taking now to get this taken care of.

Thanks for your time,

Patrice

Contel of the South

AUTHOR: Mark - (U.S.A.)

Contel of the South was bought up a while ago.
GTE holding company acquired Contel of the South, Inc. which included Contel's study area jurisdictions Alabama (COAL) and Georgia (COGA). Then, on 10/31/93, GTE and ALLTEL traded study area jurisdictions. GTE gave ALLTEL study area COGA and GTE received study areas Indiana (GLIN) and Michigan (GLMI).

so it may be gte that became verizon or alltell. i dont know where your at.