Complaint Review: CONTINENTAL FINANCE COMPANY

• Updated: Fri, May 16, 2008

• Reported By:LINDENWOLD New Jersey
CONTINENTAL FINANCE COMPANY
WWW.eZcardinfo.com Internet U.S.A.

CONTINENTAL FINANCE COMPANY CHARGED ME A $35 LATE FEE FOR A PAYMENT THAT WAS 2 DAYS LATE AND $10 SHORT TAMPA Florida Internet

I made my 5/12 PAYMENT on 4/23 in the amount of $40.Imagine my surprise when I looked at my account online and saw a $35 late fee had been assessed to my account 5/14. I called customer service to find out why I got a late fee for an early payment at which time I was told that my payment was $10 short.!!! So you charged me a late fee that is 3x the amount that is owed???? I asked to have the fee removed from the account and was told that the company does not waive fees. Huh???

I hung up and called right back. The second representative told me that the fee would only be waived if it was a company error that caused the fee to be assessed. I asked him what atttempts were made to collect the delinquent amount prior to assessing the fee. He did not respond to the question but did a nice tap dance off the subject.

Needless to say my Continental Finance card is in a bunch of nice little pieces at the bottom of my trash can and I have scheduled myself for as much overtime as I can work in the next 2 weeks so that I can be free from these parasites.

Total
LINDENWOLD, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/16/2008 08:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CONTINENTAL-FINANCE-COMPANY/internet/CONTINENTAL-FINANCE-COMPANY-CHARGED-ME-A-35-LATE-FEE-FOR-A-PAYMENT-THAT-WAS-2-DAYS-LATE-A-333070. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CONTINENTAL FINANCE COMPANY