Complaint Review: CONTRACTOR'S NETWORK CORPORATION - JEFFREY A. FANK - TEG HOME IMPROVEMENT AND PLOWGUARD

• Submitted: Wed, March 01, 2006
  • Updated: Sat, February 11, 2012

• Reported By:DES PLAINES Illinois
14735 W. HICKORY AVE. LEMONT, Illinois U.S.A.

CONTRACTOR'S NETWORK CORPORATION - JEFFREY A. FANK - TEG HOME IMPROVEMENT AND PLOWGUARD RIPPED OFF MY FAMILY LEMONT Illinois

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: No need to waste my time

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: We can meet in court!

*Author of original report: We want to meet with you

*Author of original report: Pay up Suckers!

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: A (real) paying customers experience

*Author of original report: To the other respondent

*Author of original report: Another party heard from

*Consumer Comment: Jeff is spinning the truth again

*Author of original report: OK

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Kurt Schmidt is a liar

*Author of original report: Rebutal

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: False Information

CONTRACTOR DEFAULTED ON CONSTRUCTION CONTRACT.
USED UNQUALIFIED SUB-CONTRACTORS (THAT HE HAS NOT PAID AND WHO ARE THREATENING TO PUT LEINS ON OUR PROPERTY).
LEFT THE JOB HALF FINISHED AND DISSAPEARED WITH OVER $30.000 OF OUR HARD EARNED MONEY.!

K
DES PLAINES, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/01/2006 05:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CONTRACTORS-NETWORK-CORPORATION-JEFFREY-A-FANK-TEG-HOME-IMPROVEMENT-AND-PLOWGUARD/LEMONT-Illinois-60439/CONTRACTORS-NETWORK-CORPORATION-JEFFREY-A-FANK-TEG-HOME-IMPROVEMENT-AND-PLOWGUARD-RI-178820. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CONTRACTOR'S NETWORK CORPORATION - JEFFREY A. FANK - TEG HOME IMPROVEMENT AND PLOWGUARD

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

No need to waste my time

AUTHOR: JAFinfo - (United States of America)

Yes we can meet in court. You will not show up to court dates just like you have in the past. I was at one of your court dates and you didn't show up. This case you ended up loosing. I will listen to the 3 high profile contract lawyers that I talked to and not waste my time. One of them represented a subcontractor that you didn't pay and is still waiting to see the money from you.

As for you post above "A (real) paying customers experience"
This is a joke, you say you have so many real customers, but you choose to use a victim who posted on Ripoff Report.

Contractor did not complete the deck and won't return calls. Now the village is coming after me because the deck is not to code. Will cost more to get this resolved.

Stephen
Woodridge, Illinois

So, lets see. You didn't complete the deck, you won't return calls (I am still waiting for my phone calls returned form you). Deck is not to code (I had work that you did that was not to code also).

This is a deck that look like from the timestamps in the Ripoff report that Stephen filed took you 6 months to finish. So, if a deck take you 6 months to finish and you have so many projects that you never finished, how could you have over 200 real customers that you finished project for in 27 years.
Plus you spent so much time working on your own addition that you didn't even get a permit for until Cook County took you to court.
And you spend a lot of time in court from when people have sue you.

What excuse did you give him on why you couldn't finish the work.
Michelle is sick, your mom is sick or maybe your trucks are not working and you need them to get fixed.
I am sure you gave him a different excuse, you have so many of them.

I feel sorry for anyone that has hired you or will hire you in the future. There are so many quality contractors that will do a quality job. After you stoped showing up to finish our project, we found many quality tradesmen that fixed your messes and completed the project.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

We can meet in court!

AUTHOR: design1 - (United States of America)

If you or any of your so called "other victims" want  to meet We can do it in court, where claims like yours should be made! Once you file a claim the courts will schedule a date where we both can meet, have representation and reveal the facts. this is open to everybody, it is called our Legal system.

This is the system that you "all" have been avoiding! and to your other post on other formats challenging the real customers comments, one is home, one is office...Einstein! or maybe he just didn't want a nut-job like you harassing him too!

Being a professional, I will never expose my real customers to people like you! you would just harass & stalk them like just like you do to me.So, file your claim in court or stop harassing me. any further contact with me will be documented as harassment!

We want to meet with you

Jeff,

Our group is planning a get together and we would like you to attend, It can be at a place of your choosing "neutral ground" with other people around (for obvious reasons). It will have to be on a Saturday or Sunday. We all want answers but we know thats not going to happen.

The purpose for inviting you is We have a proposition for you, details to be discussed at meeting, you are welcome to have legal counsel altho it is not necessary, its not a "trial" and there will be no law enforcement or assistant ADA in attendance, however there may or may not be legal counsel attending. If you are the legitimate businessman you say you are it than would be in your best interest to agree to meet with us, a refusal or a no show is not in your best interest and would indicate that you admit to everything thats "out there". Think VERY CAREFULLY about you decision here, We reiterate, it is in your best interest.

And if you agree to attend prepare yourself for the number of your, " past clients" who will be attending, trust me, its not 1 or 2 people Jeff.

We will be waiting for your reply, we think that 3 weeks is enough time for you to carefully consider your decision.

You have contact information for most if not all of us or you can post your response here.

Thanks.

Pay up Suckers!

AUTHOR: K - (U.S.A.)

Now we wait for his line of BS response, he should take better notes so he does not get his lies mixed up.  The Better Business Bureau gives Jeff  Fank a failing grade  "F", that can be confirmed by going to the BBB website, here is the link:

I dare Jeff to publish the names  for those "Hundreds" of satisfied Customers so we can call to confirm how happy they are with Jeff, I would guess that there are a hand-full of satisfied customers, I'm sure those customers like what they see but there is no doubt that what lies below the surface is substandard.

I also did some checking on the Cook County website And saw where Jeff has been in foreclosure on numerous occasions, If somebody did a little research here it might be discovered that the timing of those foreclosures correspond to one of his victims being ripped off.

1.) find a sucker who needs work done.
2.) get money from that sucker
3.) Find a sub to do a little work
4.) get more money from sucker
5.) do a little more "Work"
6.) don't pay subs, keep all the money from Sucker, use the money to get out of foreclosure
7.) repeat as needed.

Who's the fool?, yep, its all of us Suckers.

#5 REBUTTAL Owner of company

A (real) paying customers experience

#2 Update By Author
Project Completed
AUTHOR: Ssantos - Woodridge (U.S.A.)
SUBMITTED: Wednesday, November 26, 2008

I have worked with Jeff and all open items have been
resolved. Jeff explained what had happened causing the lapse in
communications/progress on the deck. He has completed the project,
without asking for anything additional, and I have now received my
letter from the village stating the deck construction has been completed
to all village codes. I consider this matter fully resolved and thank
Jeff for his effort to resolve this as quickly and painlessly as
possible.

To the other respondent

AUTHOR: K - (U.S.A.)

To the person who posted the "Jeff is spinning the truth again" comment, not sure who you are but if you are a member of our little support group or a new victim drop me a line at: mrdiddle61@aol.com and lets talk,  we need to catch up on the latest and compare notes.

And to Jeff, perhaps you would like to join our little group next time we have a meeting?, there are always refreshments, maybe we can play a game.....?, we know how much you love games.

Thanks, Kurt A. Schmidt, Des Plaines Illinois.

Another party heard from

AUTHOR: K - (U.S.A.)

Well Jeff, how are you going to respond to him/her?, Jeff there is a group of us who are all your victims that communicate and occasionally get toghether to update and support each other, we all agreed to help in any way we can if any of us need help, not that I believed a single word you said above but lets pretend for a moment that you were taking me to court, there will be maybe 20 good folks standing behind me supporting me, you you had me arrested that's true, only because my anger got the best of me and said things that were illegal. Our Jeff fank support group combined has a file thicker than the BS that spills from that smarmy little mouth of yours. All any body needs to do is google Jeff fank, Jeffrey Adam fank or Adam fank and they will be overwhelmed with negative information about you. What you need won't come from any court, and it will come...., take my advise and pick a new state to pull your scams DB..

Jeff is spinning the truth again

AUTHOR: JAFinfo - (United States of America)

Jeff was the general contractor on my project at the time he was the owner of Contractor's Network Corp. Above he says "The other names he has on this site are not companies but project names for ventures being contemplated", but he did open another company (Artistic Builders) under his girl friend's name (Michelle). I also found out by talking with other people that Jeff has taken money from, that he uses other names - Jeff Fank, Jeffrey Fank, Adam Fank, Jeffrey Adam. I have also seen these other names on contracts that Jeff has signed. Jeff also changes his phone number about once a year. So why does Jeff use different company names, use different versions of his own name and change his phone number. Because he is a con artist.
Not only does he not finish most of his projects that he starts and takes money from hard working people, but he also doesn't pay all his subcontractors and tells them to put a lien on the homeowners. Jeff will tell you just sue him if you have issues with his work. I did talk to 3 high profile contract lawyers that said if we sue him we would win in court because Jeff didn't complete the contract that he signed, but Jeff is a person that would not pay after he lost in court. The lawyers knew this because he has 20+ leins on his house from homeowners and subcontractors that have sued him and won. I have also sent letters to the BBB and  Illinois State Attorney General letting them know about Jeff. I am still waiting for a truthful response from Jeff on why he never finished our project and why he kept our money that we gave him, even though he only did about 15% of the work that he was contracted and paid to do.

OK

AUTHOR: K - (U.S.A.)

OK Jeff, I am sorry, so very very very sorry.

#10 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Kurt Schmidt is a liar

AUTHOR: design1 - (United States of America)

This is the proof! Kurt Schmidt is a liar! When faced with the facts he continues to flee from his claim, just as he did with the cook county court.  He doesn't want to waste any more time because he won't prove his claim. I will be happy to meet him in court to prove the lies he put on this site. I have hired an attorney an filed a slander/defamation suit and will make all the information available on-line for all the public to see. In the suit there will be a demand for a public apology thru all the mediums that he made his false claim on, his place of employment will be asked to turn over their computers and will be part of the suit if he made any of these claims on their computers, this will be done thru the IP Encryption format. You see Kurt, this has been under investigation for years and the file is very thick on you. I have all the proof I need to do this now!

Rebutal

AUTHOR: K - (U.S.A.)

I know longer have any interest in wasting any more of my time with this Con-man, Someday he will be judged by a higher power. May God have mercy on your soul Jeffrey Adam Fank.

#12 REBUTTAL Owner of company

False Information

AUTHOR: design1 - (United States of America)

This is all false information, as the owner of Contractors Network Corp. I am very concerned about my reputation. The facts are I entered into a contract with Kurt Schmidt of Des Plains to finish his basement. The contract price was about $34,000.00. We started the project a agreed and progressed on schedule until Mr. Schmidt ripped out the heating duct work stating that it was installed wrong and the seams were no taped. The duct work was dry fit by our HVAC contractor and was scheduled to be fastened and taped the following day, but instead of asking Kurt ripped it out costing us a 2 day delay.
During the following weeks Mr. Schmidt added extra drywall work, plumbing work and a kitchenette to the project. At this point we were about 95% done with the original contract work and had received all but $7,000.00. The extra work was a total of $7,000.00 and 80% of that work was completed.
I requested payment for the extra work ( $7,000.00) which Kurt refused to pay. I had no choice but
to refuse to do anymore work until he caught up on his payments. Mr. Schmidt filed a complaint with the BBB which he quickly removed with a letter from our  attorney. Mr Schmidt trie to file a complaint with the Illinois State Attorney General which was found to be a false claim. Mr. Schmidt then made death threats to me and My family and was arrested by the cook county sheriff and a order of restraint was issued for him to not have any contact with me or my family ( The arrest is public record with the cook county courts, check it out)  The other names he has on this site are not companies but project names for ventures being contemplated. Jeffrey Fank