• Submitted: Tue, April 17, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, April 17, 2007

• Reported By:Houston Texas

My husband and I took his truck into Cottmans in March of 2006 to have the transmission rebuilt and the rear end fixed. The total was about 2500.00 the first time.

In less then two months we had to take the truck back in because the spider gears in the rear end snapped. Well if they fixed it right the first time that would not have happened. Of course being upset after paying that much money to have a job done you tend to get aggravated.

Of course being a female, I spoke my opinion on the matter and asked them to make sure it was fixed right. They were supposedly under new ownership, I didn't care for the first owner to much, but the second was the worst. Because I spoke my opinion and the owner didn't like what I had to say, he kicked me off the property.

Well that just pissed me off even more, well I just let it go about 4 months later the truck was back in there. The transmission was not shifting. They said they would check it out, they said there was not a problem, except that it was a little low on fluid.

I am beyond mad at this point, but we had a warranty and they should honor that. Otherwise the truck would have been somewhere else being fixed. Now come March of 2007 the truck is broke down again, the transmission not shifting. The only thing that put us out of warranty was the mileage. I called in and asked them if they would still honor the warranty being that it has been in there constantly. He told me if it were for anyone else he would do it, but being that he didn't like me he was not going to honor it. He said if my husband wasn't with me he would but that was not the case.

Well a few weeks later I told my husband to call up there and talk to the owner and tell him we weren't together and that we weren't together when I called and see if he would honor the warranty. He said yes and to bring it in.

This makes the fourth time the truck has had to be towed in, within a years time. My husband called to check on the truck and they told him that it was going to cost him 2735.50 to fix the truck. He asked them about upholding the warranty, and they decided that they couldn't do that. He told them to hold off because he wasn't going to pay that again and they told him he has to pay 450.00 just to get his truck back for them checking it out.

We only paid 4800.00 for the truck and the transmission is going to cost more then the truck did, I don't think so. So now we have to figure out how to get the truck back so we can take it somewhere else to be fixed. Money doesn't grow on trees, some people go from payday to payday just to get by.

Houston, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/17/2007 07:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/COTTMANS-TRANSMISSIONS/HOUSTON-Texas-77081/COTTMANS-TRANSMISSIONS-SCREWED-NOT-ONCE-BUT-TWICE-ripoff-HOUSTON-Texas-244397. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on COTTMANS TRANSMISSIONS