Complaint Review: COURTNEY LIVESTOCK

• Updated: Wed, April 17, 2013

• Reported By: horse buyer — Angie Louisiana
COURTNEY LIVESTOCK
30058 Edna Kinchen Rd. Holden, Louisiana United States of America

COURTNEY LIVESTOCK Charlie Courtney false representation of horses he sells Holden, Louisiana

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: "A PICTURE PAINTS A THOUSAND WORDS"

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: "A PICTURE PAINTS A THOUSAND WORDS"

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: FALSE ALLEGATIONS FROM ANGIE

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Ludicrous Complaint from Angie!

I was drawn in by an ad for a TWH horse on Craig,s list which reads as copied straight from Craig's list (Very broke and gentle 10 year old TWH gelding. Stands still for saddling and for mounting and dismounting. No bad habits. Backs up and has good smooth gait. Great horse for a beginner. For more information, call Judy at 225-362-6024 or 225-567-5358. Will consider trade for something of equal value.)

When we arrived at his location to look at this horse. Mr Courtney was sitting on the back of a p/u truck with another person drinking ab beer. I walked up and said I am here to look at the white horse. He acted as if we were bothering him.

I had my wife, my son, his (2 6 & 8 yr. old) daughters and a friend with me. We walked to the back of his property to see the horse and noticed that there were many horses in a pen. at least 20 in an area  no more than 1/2 acre or less.
My son saw 1 pony laying on the ground and could not get up because he was too weak. Another horse even walked up to the pony and nudged  him to help him up but the pony could not get up.He told Mr. Courtney and his words were "he's just sleeping".

When we got closer and looked at the horses every horse had runny noses and  excretion from their eyes.

The horse we went to look at was in a stall and when he walked him out he was very spooky. He walked him to a spot to saddle him. he tied him to a fence by a gate and when Mr Courtney walked out of the gate the horse was in the way of the gate. Mr Courtney pushed the horses nose very hard and the horse rared up pulled the rope off the fence and fell over backwards onto his  back. He jumped up bucked off.

Mr. Courtney had to chase him down and catch him again. I asked can we ride him and he said yes, brought him into a round pen and put another guy on him. He had a hard time getting on him because the horse tried to turn away as he mounted. So mr. Courtney got on the other side to stop the horse from turning. Once he was on the horse he had a hard time keeping from running.

Mr. Courtney said if you don't like him I don't care I understand.  I said your wife told me you had another TWH and he said yes do you wan't to see him and I said yes. He brought another TWH, put him in the pen and just about the same thing happened. I wanted to ride this horse. As soon as I tried to mount this horse he side kicked at me just missing me. I said I've seen enough.

Mr Courtney got furious at the horse, began kicking him as hard as he could under the horse toward the back leg. The horse began to rare and kick. With all of us standing within 20 feet of this he called out to someone to come hold this "M F' in front of my 2 Granddaughters who were shocked at all that was taking place.

We turned and got out of there as soon as we could. What a horrible experience. Not to mention these horses that are being treated so badly and appear sick.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/05/2013 08:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/COURTNEY-LIVESTOCK/Holden-Louisiana-70744/COURTNEY-LIVESTOCK-Charlie-Courtney-false-representation-of-horses-he-sells-Holden-Louisi-1041113. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on COURTNEY LIVESTOCK

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

"A PICTURE PAINTS A THOUSAND WORDS"

AUTHOR: Courtney Livestock - ()

How can someone be ripped off when they do not purchase anything???  By the time I finish providing all of the facts, readers will find that we are the ones being ripped off!

Per Angie's flagrant allegations, amidst my teaching responsibilities as well as house and farm chores, I am still adding pictures of horses we owned at the time critics from Angie, LA came to our premises and left with the urge to monetarily DAMAGE our horse business as well as provoke undue STRESS on my husband, on me and my family.  These are the horses and jennies on 10 acres that are supposedly abused and not fed!  Please pay close attention to the facilities--an 8-stall barn, large penning lot behind the barn (a lot they thought was a half acre that housed all the animals), the pasture, the large bales of hay, 2 round pens, and a large tack shop.  I will also be so pleased as to provide totals within the week of all receipts for feed and vet supplies disbursed on these animals.

Please visit out website, www.courtneylivestock.com,  at any time to view the physical condition of our animals or call for directions and come for a visit.  We welcome visitors any time after 4:30 p.m. since I teach and do not get home until then.  My husband gets home from the plant around 6:30 to 7:00 daily depending on the traffic.  You may also come on weekends, however it would be best if you called (225) 567-5358 or (225) 362-6024 , because I clerk, writing tickets at the horse sale on the 3rd and 5th weekends.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

"A PICTURE PAINTS A THOUSAND WORDS"

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

FALSE ALLEGATIONS FROM ANGIE

AUTHOR: Courtney Livestock - ()

As evidenced by the pictures, it is obvious that we love and care for our horses.

#4 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Ludicrous Complaint from Angie!

AUTHOR: Courtney Livestock - ()

Before addressing your over-zealous, unjust complaint, first let me begin by telling you that my husband and I both work and are not die-hard horse traders.  Charlie works at a refinery, and I am a 40-year veteran school teacher.  We love horses and work diligently to match the right horse with our clients as well as find these animals a good home.  We buy and sell horses and are upfront with customers about our position in the horse industry as openly disseminated on our website.  We spend a substantial amount of money on grain, hay, and veterinary supplies and have been selling horses for over thirty years warranting a first-rate reputation for treating our customers right.  You are the FIRST to complain!

Let me start by stating, You really need to get your facts straight!  Our horses are NOT confined to a half acre. We own 10 acres!   Im assuming the half acre you are talking about is the lot behind our barn where we had penned the horses.  That lot is less than a half-acre.  Also, on the day you arrived with your entourage, you conveniently failed to mention there was a large round bale of hay in the penning lot, another large round bale in the side pen, and four large bales in the pasture as well as four adequately-filled troughs of rice bran.  And, the horse lying down was NOT a pony.  She was a little 4-month old white, malnourished, paint filly that came with her extremely skinny bay/white paint mother.  These two are rescue horses that my husband had picked up a week prior to your visit.

For the record, Charlie dewormed and administered B-12 shots to both the mare and the foal, and both are fed separately from the other horses to ensure they get sufficient nourishment.  Per your unfound allegations, I snapped pictures of all the horses that we had on our premises the day of your impromptu visit.   Although we generally do not post pictures of a skinny horse, my husband and I opted to share these pictures to the public for pending future reference.  Interested parties may visit our site at www.courtneylivestock.com.

Prior to your visit to our home, the white TWH gelding, Kajun, had been ridden by several prospective buyers who had no problem saddling or riding him in the arena, outside of the arena, down the blacktop in front of our house, and in front of the barn.  Like you, all but one of the buyers had a horse they had purchased from someone else that was too much for their wife or kids to ride so they were wanting to

trade.  In lieu of the incident that occurred the day of your visit, we have no clue as to why Kajun jumped backwards when Charlie tried to saddle him.  He had never done that before.  But, allow me to enlighten you--Horses are animals, and we cannot always control what they do.  If Kajun was as bad as you are portraying, we would never have posted him on Craigslist or have allowed our 13-year old grandson ride him.  And, if his behavior when he broke loose from the hitching post bothered you so much, why did you still want to ride him?  I would assume your wanting to ride Kajun was because he rode really well when my 13-year old grandson was showing himvery smooth gait with both his head and tail erect, and long, smooth strides.

My husband running???  Sure he did, and, of course, I am being facetious!  He retrieved Kajun after he broke loose from being tied to the post, but I can assure you my husband did not run him down, not with his (Charlies) medical issues.   And again, the other guy he put on him was my 13-year old grandsonjust a kid-- who has started riding in the last six months. Again, if he was so bad why, why, why did you still want to ride him?

My husband did say he understood it if you did not want Kajun since he acted out.  You are the one who ask to see the second horsethe one that I told you we bought at a sale, had not tried him, and was unsure if he would work.  Nevertheless, with your overly dramatic testimonial of the incidents that occurred with both horses, I, for the life of me, cannot comprehend why you still wanted to ride both of them?

OK, now let me think about this!!??? Youre informing everyone via the World Wide Web that you were offended because my husband and son were sitting on the tailgate of his pickup drinking a beer.  And, you were equally bothered that you were not greeted with a happy-jack smile and an overly-enthusiastic, howdy-doody, roll-out-the-red carpet, bring-it-on demeanor???!!!  ***Well, let me shed some light here!  We own that house and ten acres that you so-called graced, and no one is going to tell my husband and son when and if or if and when they can drink a beer.   If drinking a cold Miller Lite bothered you that badly, then~~~~~~~you should have gotten back in your vehicle and headed back in the same direction you came from!