Complaint Review: COVENANT TRANSPORTATION

• Updated: Fri, June 07, 2013

• Reported By: 1257 N. HARVARD AVE. # 1 — 91711 California
COVENANT TRANSPORTATION
400 Birmingham Hwy. Chattanooga, Select State/Province USA

COVENANT TRANSPORTATION THE CHRISTIANS WHO BORE FALSE WITNESS Chattanooga TN.

*Author of original report: Are you kidding!

*Consumer Comment: C'mon Bill

I want to warn that when you are dealing with the promises that covenant transportation promises you on the phone with your recruiter you had better get it in writing on company letterhead. I was told I would be reimbursed the money I had to pay to fly myself and my friend to Chattanooga TN. for orientation (over 520.00 dollars) as well as they would pay me 100.00 for attending orientation. I haven't seen a dime of the money. Orientation started May 28th 2013. Where is the money now that orientation is over? I thought that their company was founded on christian values.

What about the commandment not to bare false witness. I tried telephoning my recruiter and all I would ever get was an answering machine with no call back. I emailed her (Kathy Davis) and no reply. I even went to her office and was told she was in a meeting and I told them I would wait.

Finally I was told by her supervisor that she could not talk to me because he had her doing other more important things and I would have to leave or he would have me escorted out by security. I was not yelling, nor threatning, nor intimidating. All I wanted was what promised me. Maybe there are others who have been treated fairly by this company but I unfortunately was not. It is nice to have a prayer to begin orientation but if it isn't backed upped by living the principles taught in the scriptures what good does it really do for those who are being prayed for?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/07/2013 05:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/COVENANT-TRANSPORTATION/Chattanooga-Select-StateProvince-37419/COVENANT-TRANSPORTATION-THE-CHRISTIANS-WHO-BORE-FALSE-WITNESS-Chattanooga-TN-1057389. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on COVENANT TRANSPORTATION

Are you kidding!

AUTHOR: 1257 N. HARVARD AVE. # 1 - ()

Not sure why you disagree with me on this one Jeff. Yes they got me a buss ticket back home after I went to the senior rep. for the company. But bus fair does not cover the amount of money that was paid and promised to be reimbursed. I disclosed everything to them and they gave me no reason for my denial to work for their company. The whole scenario was scary to say the least.

C'mon Bill

AUTHOR: ROLLINRIDER - ()

Please lets be fair to Covenant. I AM THE FRIEND BILL SPEAKS OF. I wont say your last name and I am only saying your first name because you are the one naming people. I'm sorry it didn't work out for us to be team drivers. I thank your Mormon Church for financially backing our airfare to Chattanooga. Bill you were not personally out of pocket for these airfares. I believe Covenant did not let you continue orientation because you did not disclose something important to them. If they discover something that you didn't tell them about it is their policy not to pay your orientation or transportation and wont pay for your return trip either. Covenant Transport DID PAY YOUR BUS FARE HOME EVEN THOUGH THEY DIDN'T HAVE TO AND HAD YOU ON A BUS HOME THAT NIGHT. THEY ARE A DECENT COMPANY AND WOULD NEVER LEAVE YOU STRANDED. Please don't bash Kathy Davis she was a sweetheart and doesn't deserve that.

I JUST WANT TO SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT. COVENANT TRANSPORT HAS AN IMPRESSIVE OPERATION AND EXTREMELY TALENTED PEOPLE MANAGING THIS SUCCESSFUL GIGANTIC COMPANY. It has some silly characters too like Gregg in Safety and Road Test with his neon green tennis shoes. It was so much fun up on the driving range doing our backing tests. Thank you Covenant Transport for your Hospitality at the hotel and transportation to Walmart and restaurants every day. That was great and Pam was a very courteous shuttle driver. Bill will cool down just give him a little more time. He's a good guy.  Your friend Jeff