Complaint Review: CPS Consumer Portfolio Services

• Submitted: Mon, November 05, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, November 05, 2007

• Reported By:Mansfield Louisiana
CPS Consumer Portfolio Services
Consumer Portfolio.com Irvine, California U.S.A.

CPS Consumer Portfolio Services CPS has ruined me and my family life. We do not have enough money to take care of anything. They should be ashame to rip people off like that Irvine California

I had a car that was finance by Gulfo Co. Finance. I had problems with the car that the dealer ship would not fix so I returned the car. Years later I recieved papers to go to court for a company called Mercury Finance. The balance owes on the car was 2400 hundred dollars. The entire car was about 4678 hundred dollars after the finance charges and everything. When I went to court Mercury Finance did not show up . I was told that I could leave and that was it.

About 2 years later I started recieving calls saying that I owed 3 years of intrest at 33 percent a day. I had 3 kids a wife and a mim. wage paying job. I could not afford to pay them what they were asking but offered them what I could afford that was not good enough for them.

A couple of more years passed and I recieved papers from a law firm for CPS out of Shereveport, LA. They were stating that I owed 10,000 dollars. I made several offers to CPS but they declined everyone. I even tried to make monthly payments NOPE they did not want it. One monring I go to work and get my payroll check.

Cps is garnishing 25 percent of everything I make with out notice. Every week they take almost 200 hundred dollars out of my check. They say I owe 6,578 in intrest alone yea right. Me and my family ha ve barely been making it . When I call to talk to someone they hang up. I hope this company get what is coming for ripping people off. I hope the close down. Something needs to be done.

James
Mansfield, Louisiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/05/2007 08:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CPS-Consumer-Portfolio-Services/Irvine-California-92619/CPS-Consumer-Portfolio-Services-CPS-has-ruined-me-and-my-family-life-We-do-not-have-enoug-283160. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CPS Consumer Portfolio Services