Complaint Review: CPS Security

• Submitted: Fri, April 15, 2011
  • Updated: Fri, April 15, 2011

• Reported By: Bev C — LaVista Nebraska United States of America
CPS Security
PO Box 782408 or 9901 IH 10 West Suite 665 San Ant San Antonio, Texas United States of America

CPS Security for SMC Merchandise. Personal Asset investigation San Antonio, Texas

I was unemployed in June of 2010, needed to get a job ASAP. started looking online found this company SMC Merchandise. So I called for Info. Spoke to some guy who made all these promises that this company would make me wealthy and it was easy income, all these things that sounded too good to be true.
    I was talked into giving then a $15.00 check, they wanted like $200 and something but I refused I said send me the info and I will take a look at it and decide if this is something I want to do.
Well turned out it wasnt. Another gentleman called and I flat out asked " Is this a Scam?" he assured me it was legit. Still I had reservations. It was a good thing I did. I ended up going to the bank closing my account and explained to my bank what just happened, I had a bad feeling but too late they had my checking account info.... So sure enough a week later I get a call from my bank and they tried to with draw $238.00. I felt so releived that I had closed my account.
So about a month or too goes by then I started getting a bill from CPS Security, for $312.02 I was like OMG What? I called and told them I was not paying this bill, and that they are a bunch of theives etc..., they kept hanging up on me so had called back several times. Each time the guy would get mor mad...the final time he yelled out " Are you going too pay this F**&^^* Bill or what?
     I said NO I am not.! He goes we will see about that Bi**h, I could not believe it. and now they are threating me with a Personal Asset Investigation.... I am writing a letter asking for a validation of this debt (fair debt Collection Practices Act, 15 USC 1692g Sec. 809 (b).  Sending it Ceritified...So we will see what happens with it now, I will post an update once I hear back from them... If I hear back from them.... Lousy Scammers!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/15/2011 08:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CPS-Security/San-Antonio-Texas-/CPS-Security-for-SMC-Merchandise-Personal-Asset-investigation-San-Antonio-Texas-717872. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CPS Security