Complaint Review: CPS Security

CPS Security
9901 H 10 West, Suite 665 San Antonio, Texas United States of America

CPS Security Check Plus Systems HSN SMALL CLAIMS LAW SUIT San Antonio , Texas

*UPDATE Employee: Sigh

I had a old bill with HSN, for an item that I brought as a gift for Christmas. Long story short the item did not work and gave HSN a call to inform them so that it could be sent back and exchanged or even get a refund. I was told that I did not have that option and it was on a flex pay. I pay two payments and not the remaining two. I stopped hearing from HSN this has been about 2 years now and all of a sudden I start to get these harrassing calls from CPS saying that they are taking me to smalls claims court if I don't give them $300 that's more than the remaining payments. I asked for a payment plan. The guy at CPS said no, and wouldn't let me finish and starting yelling at me and then hung up. Can this really be happening?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/03/2012 07:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CPS-Security/San-Antonio-Texas-78230/CPS-Security-Check-Plus-Systems-HSN-SMALL-CLAIMS-LAW-SUIT-San-Antonio-Texas-950524. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CPS Security

Sigh

AUTHOR: SirNicholasD - (United States of America)

So let me get this story straight.

1. You bought an item with a flex pay program. Whatever it is, is an All Sales Final item.
2. The item doesn't work so you try and change up the rules by wanting an exchange/refund
3. You're denied but still pay 2 payments which are rightfully due still
4. For whatever reason you decide to stop paying the last 2 payments, believing you're above the law and can half-pay for an item and get away with it?
5. 2 Years later I suppose a Loss Prevention Report is made that gathers all data for the store and you just happen to be on the list of thieves
6. You're called and fined by CPS plus the total of the last two payments

Sounds like you should really consider paying for items you bought instead of half paying and then running away with it.

I don't speak for my company, this is all just common sense lol