refrigerator

• Reported By:herein Kentucky
CPS
Irvine, California U.S.A.

CPS Consumer Portfoilo Service Cussed, Harrassed and Threaten Irvine California

How about this, I got a loan in September and paid on time. I came into some money and I called the payoff phone number. I got the balance and went to the bank and got a cashier's check. I sent the check to the payoff address.
Then out of the blue I get a phone call. Not hello or how you doing but a very rude female which started the conversation with Why are you paying off your truck. I asked the person who they were and I got the CPS legal Department as a answer.

Then I was asked how i got the money to pay it off. I responded it really wasn't their business but i told them anyway. Then I asked, Why the legal department would contact me because I paid off the loan, of course I didnot recieve an answer.

then a few days later I get a call from some towing company telling me that they were going to repo my vehicle. I explained to the gentleman that it would be in the best interest of all the parties involed if he didn't pursue my vehicle.

I was then connected to the same lady that had called me before I believe her name was Connie this time she demanded a payment on the loan. I told her she should have already recieved a check from the bank and gave her the bank info etc. Then she called me a habital lair and a mother and yes I responed with my own feelings of her actions. I was threaten with being arrested for terroist threating and harrassment and they me.

And she told me she was contacting the local law enforcement. but if she had looked at my contract she would have known I am the local law enforcement authorty. So I called my lawyer and had her take over the resolution.

Now it gets better after my lawyer finished her phone conversation with Connie I got three phone calls in which they hung up on me in the presents of my lawyer and the persiding judge who just so happened to be in the room. then another call came and Connie told me on my speaker phone which I did record that " I have done it now, having my lawyer call her that i better watch out because I was going to Get IT" . Good thing I had a room full of witnesses and lawyers oh and one State Senator who was extermly upset at the tactics.
Now later after my lawyer called back to request information and names and phone records oh and after my lawyer got off the phone with the US District Attorny's Office.

I did recieve a phone call from a lady that was pleasent and she wanted to see how we could mediate this problem. It's simple I paid you off, release the title and we are done. I will not be bullied

Big poppa
herein, Kentucky

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/16/2008 10:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CPS/Irvine-California/CPS-Consumer-Portfoilo-Service-Cussed-Harrassed-and-Threaten-Irvine-California-300771. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CPS