Complaint Review: CR England/ Horizon Leasing

• Submitted: Fri, December 14, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, May 24, 2013

• Reported By: Mike — Comanche Oklahoma United States of America
CR England/ Horizon Leasing

CR England/ Horizon Leasing Lied,Cheated and is trying to ruin my credit Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: You are not qualified to buy a new truck...

To start, in July 2011, I went to work for C.R. England. I had previous truck driving experience but had to go to a refresher course in Cedar Hill TX. The motel they put me in had black mold and I was sick the whole time I was there. The floor was rotten under the table and one night after moving the table out of the front of the A/C, I stepped through the floor.
After I finished the course I was assigned a "Trainer. This guy had less experience than I did and was arrogant and annoying. On a trip to Tennessee from California, I caught him smoking marijuana in the sleeper. I didn't report him at the time for fear of being left stranded. After riding with this Trainer for 5 weeks, I did put in a report that he was smoking marijuana while on duty.
I finally went to Burns Harbor, Indiana to lease a truck. I leased one with 17,000 miles on it and was told I could be a Trainer so I could make good money instead of just breaking even.
One week into my new career, I had to put my truck in the shop where it stayed for 2 weeks. In the meantime, I took a course to be a Trainer and was told I would have a student by the time my truck was fixed. Well that never happened. My driver manager told me I shouldn't wait around for a student, because I was losing money, he was correct. I left Salt Lake City, Utah and was told I could pick up a student in Burns Harbor. That never happened.
After about 3 more weeks of begging for a student and not making a dime, I gave up. I was worried about turning the truck in before the lease was up so I called Horizon Leasing and was told it would be like it never happened because I was still inside the probationary period. Apparently that was a lie as well.
I went yesterday to buy a new vehicle and the finance company called me this morning and told me I had a $119,000.00 vehicle lease that showed to be 3 months behind. It is 12/14/12 today and I havent heard from or gotten a letter from Horizon Leasing. I didn't expect this would happen because I was told that the lease wouldn't even be reported to a credit bureau. You can bet I'll have an attorney on this matter as soon as I can afford to do so.
I can't believe th stories I am reading about these 2 companies and that they are getting away with this crap. I would like to know how many times these people get paid full price for the same trucks.
Anyone who wants to drive a truck needs to stay far away from C.R. England and Horizon Leasing. They are all trained to lie from the school all the way to the top of the ladder.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/14/2012 01:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CR-England-Horizon-Leasing/internet/CR-England-Horizon-Leasing-LiedCheated-and-is-trying-to-ruin-my-credit-Internet-982152. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CR England/ Horizon Leasing

#1 Consumer Suggestion

You are not qualified to buy a new truck...

AUTHOR: jr4488 - ()

Judging from the needs you made at CR England. You are not ready for new truck. Instead, buy a $20k used truck. Find out what kind of numbers you can run before you ruin your life again. Google jr4488training to see how to drive a lease truck...