Complaint Review: CR England

• Submitted: Thu, July 29, 2004
  • Updated: Thu, July 29, 2004

• Reported By:wq Illinois
CR England
East Chicago Indiana East Chicago, Indiana U.S.A.

CR ENGLAND Indiana Training Center rip-off! East Chicago Indiana

Went to recuitment in oaklawn illinois and that is where the lies began for this outfit. First lie the recuiter says that the average new driver for CR will make 47,500.00, Then the second lie CR England will completely pay for your schooling up front. In exchange when you start work for them they only take 55.00 out of your check until you have repaied them, not like other outfits that charge 18% interest. Also there is no credit check. Third lie, Best lease program you could find and you would make 80 thousand and over your first year. I figured what the hell i will give it a shot, I live close enough and have some free time on my hands. It's not like I can't find work else where.

First day of class get a cdl book and a stack of paper work to fill out. the insturctor tells you how to use the numbers in the book to find the answers for the first six pages and to do those until the shuttle arrives to take every one to the clinic for test. Bus comes, told to take paper work with. Tells us that when we are there to finish the first six pages. Medical Exam is less then what ford does for it's factory workers. What a joke.

Get back and they offer a choice of soup for your daily alloted meal, ramin noodles, feel sorry for those with no money. After lunch class is guided how to fill out the remaining paper work. Last part of day are told that it is posible for us to earn 40,500.00(refer to first lie) our first year and that would double if we leased(third lie) but next week we would hear more on that great lease deal. Guess they are not infromed of Federal Judge Ted Stewart's ruling aginst C.R. England's contractors operating agreement.

info from (www.layover.com/cgi-bin/portal/printnews.pl/7203.html)

Question here for CR, How do you get 2,591 claims against you by driver lease/operator not allow one of them to proceed to your mandatory arbitration and still say what a great deal leasing is to your students?

Sorry off track there.

Next day, new instructor, He starts off by passing out papers tells us not to mark them. Then he reads and gives us the correct answers. Learning through repitition not all that bad, not great but hell what ever. Lunch, noodle choice, poor pennyless bastards. Back from lunch, more papers. In this stack comes your school loan papers and an explination as to how to fill them out. Here comes second recruiter lie busted, there is an interest rate after all and guess what it is 18%. On top of that you pay 55 the first four weeks then that switches to 75 dollars for the next 39 weeks. I realize that this outfit is just a recuitment and training center but jes England at least be upfront with the people that you are trying to hire.

Third day, more of the same from the second day, with the exception that those that tested hot for drugs were removed from class, lol. noodles again. Today I walked back into the yard and examined one of their trucks. made some comments to class mates that we should disconnect glad hands and see if instructor cought it in pretrip. Didn't do it, good thing, there was no instructor, a student in his third week came out jumped in the truck and fired it up, no look no nothing. End of day was told to study up for cdl test the following day in Indiana. If all Students passed we would have pizza friday.(did not know ramen had pizza soup) Asked if I could take test in Illinois, was told it was harder and I shouldn't, did antways passed all required test in 20 min.

Well I spent today researching the company, Found alot, besides the lies and sunsine that the southern snake salesmen blow up your as*. Having done this I have decided not to return to the school tommarow. What do you think the odds are that the instuctors will say I must have failed the test and not get pizza for those poor ramen eating pennyless bastards.

Three lies and I am out just like baseball, if C.R. England can not be honest with the people that they are trying to recuit I would hate to find out how they treat you after you start work with them.

wised up
chicago, Illinois

Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on CR England

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/29/2004 05:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CR-England/East-Chicago-Indiana/CR-ENGLAND-Indiana-Training-Center-rip-off-East-Chicago-Indiana-101253. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CR England