Complaint Review: CR England

• Submitted: Wed, December 10, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, January 11, 2009

• Reported By:Burlington Wisconsin
CR England
4701 2100 South Salt Lake City, Utah U.S.A.

CR England Abandons drivers and doesn't pay detention, miles, layover Salt Lake City Utah

*Consumer Comment: Here is what to do>>>

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Be very, very careful.

I have been a company driver for England for 18 months and have not been paid miles driven on a load assignment, have not been paid layover, and have not been paid dentention....and now, have been abandoned by them.

It seems that now, they are turning in trucks under their trade unit programme, and mine is one of them, except that I have been left three days now without a load assignment or any information to make me believe they are doing anything to get me another truck. I am afraid it is a ploy not just to do a deferred truck exchange to save money, but to get company drivers to quit, and/or to make more miles available for their lease drivers. I was told by my dispatcher (dm) that they weren't getting replacement trucks until March, and that there was a truck available for me in Mississippi, then yesterday he said one would come to the facility I am near. I am still waiting on instruction and/or a but ticket from him.

I have been optimistic about driving for these folks, but with the way they are acting now, I am looking for a new company. I tried for awhile to get a new dispatcher, but there seems to be a wall between the driver and anyone else in the England mafia.

I hope I can do an exit without ruining my reputation.

Just a driver
Burlington, Wisconsin

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/10/2008 07:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CR-England/Salt-Lake-City-Utah-84120/CR-England-Abandons-drivers-and-doesnt-pay-detention-miles-layover-Salt-Lake-City-Utah-399791. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CR England

Here is what to do>>>

AUTHOR: Eric - (U.S.A.)

The same happened to me with central Refrigerated. I quit and they placed on my dac report that i was fired and I could not get a job until someone told me to contact the dac people and when i did they found out that i did quit and took off the negitive and made it a positive. Give them a call.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Be very, very careful.

AUTHOR: Disgusted In Nm - (U.S.A.)

Be very careful how you leave C R England! They'll put something in your file, whether it's true or not, that'll keep any other company from hiring you. My DAC report is clean, I have no accidents or incidents, but when I asked the L/O I was working for to drop me off at the SLC terminal, I was told to take some home time and I'd be called. We'd been running straight for three months without a break and the L/O had gotten really unpleasant.

Long story short: I never heard from C R England. A little while ago I was an hour away from getting on my truck with a company that recently hired me when I was pulled out and told that they couldn't touch me because C R England had fired me and put on my report that I'd violated a company policy. I was never told I'd been fired. I was never told that I'd violated a company policy. Because they apparently didn't like the fact that I stopped being second seat for a real jerk, I am now unhireable for the one job I truly love.

Make sure you leave this company with soft steps. They've ruined many lives and careers and don't care at all that they've done so.