Complaint Review: CRAIG MC KINNEY EAST COAST WHOLESALES

• Submitted: Mon, May 19, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, June 15, 2010

• Reported By:santa monica California
CRAIG MC KINNEY EAST COAST WHOLESALES
524 Walcott Dr. Myrlte Beach,, South Carolina U.S.A.

CRAIG MC KINNEY EAST COAST WHOLESALES New scooter on ebay arrived, was used and damaged. 3 weeks later, no resolution. Myrlte Beach, South Carolina

*Consumer Comment: Doesn't even know the story

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: NEW INNER TUBE WAS SENT TO CUSTOMER

*Consumer Comment: I bought one of their 49cc gas scooter. Worst buy EVER

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: THIS CLAIM IS FALSE, PLEASE READ THE TRUTH BELOW.

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: CLAIM IS NOT CORRECT AT ALL.

*Author of original report: CRAIG MCKINNEY EAST COAST WHOLESALES

I bought a brand new 200 watt, 2008 scooter on ebay from Eastcoast. It arrived with the outer box in excellant shape. The scooter was advertised "BRAND NEW, MINTCONDITION, ORIGINAL BOX", but arrived used and damaged. I e-mailed the that day, and Steve, warehouse manager claimed all scooters were new, and damage was result of UPS ROUGHING IT UP. The outer box had one small tear, while inner box was torn, and bent, and taped. The scooter had foot scuffs on it, the top foot rest torn and scuffed. The bottom casing where e battery is had a large crack, and a smaller one as well. The bottom was scuffed. They requested I send proof of damage, and promised a return pick up by Ups, and a replacement. That did not happen. Finally after 3 weeks, I reqested a return pre-paid shipping lable and a refund. That didn't happen. I continued to e-mail and opened a claim with paypal. After all these attempts at a resolution, I left negative feedback. At this point Craig Mc Kinney threatened me that he would leave feedback in my ebay file about my bad manners, bad e-bay dealings and that he would reveal my 'NASTY HABITS' . I have purchased numerous e-bay items, all of which were wonderfull. I buy bikes, red sox stuff, and his scooter. He was not helpful, would not respond to my photographic evidence of the used and damaged item, and has now refused to honor his 90 day warrenty, promises of pre paid shipping lable for return , and worst of all has threatened me in an e-mail. I now must return the scooter at my own expense, which will cost me 25.00$ I would urge buyers to BEWARE!!!!! "nasty habits"????? Huh???????

Taken for a ride
santa monica, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/19/2008 07:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CRAIG-MC-KINNEY-EAST-COAST-WHOLESALES/Myrlte-Beach-South-Carolina-29579/CRAIG-MC-KINNEY-EAST-COAST-WHOLESALES-New-scooter-on-ebay-arrived-was-used-and-damaged-333605. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CRAIG MC KINNEY EAST COAST WHOLESALES

Doesn't even know the story

AUTHOR: nailydude1 - (United States of America)

No I did not ride it off road or any of the stuff he said. I only road it on a sidewalk and blacktop road. The tire popped the same day I got it. He doesn't even know his "valued customers" story. And I obviously don't know how to talk to adults when his grammar was horrible in every email. Just because I'm 13 doesn't mean I do certain things. There he goes lieing again.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

NEW INNER TUBE WAS SENT TO CUSTOMER

AUTHOR: Eastcoast wholesales - (U.S.A.)

This is a 13 year old kid who does not know how adults communicate and deal with problems.  As his picture shows he has a flat tire.  Probably running off road and hitting sharp rocks, nail, jumping, etc....  typical kid stuff that all kids do.

We sent him a free inner tube under his free part warranty 55 days after he received the scooter and contacted us of a flat.  Inner tube is 3 dollars and a 5 minute fix.

Simply problem that was resolved by us after he contacted us 55 days after he received the scooter.  Sounds like the kid a couple months later got a flat again.  I am sure he is doing the same thing he did the first time to get another flat.  My personal scooter is going on 5 years old with the same 2 inner tubes.

Anyways he can now buy a inner tube from our website for a couple dollars and free shipping since he is now 4 months past the free part warranty.

Thanks

Craig

I bought one of their 49cc gas scooter. Worst buy EVER

AUTHOR: nailydude1 - (United States of America)

I am a 13 year old kid and I wanted a motor whatever that went a decent speed and I saw east coast wholesales on the internet with some pretty good prices and what seemed to be pretty good product. I recieved the scooter when I was supposed to and opened the box and there was no front tire. I called the company and they said to send them an email and they would send it to me and they did. I recieved the wheel about 5 days later and put it on and within 5 minutes of riding it the front suspension got jammed. I reported this and he said to use wd-40 and everything worked fine. I did and nothing happened so I waited it out. After about a week of waiting the scooter fixed itself and I road it around the outside of my nieborhood for about 10 minutes went home got up the next morning went outside the next morning and what I saw as the back tire was one of the most deformed looking tires I've ever seen. I emailed him and he said to send pictures so I did and I thought I wanted to just get a new tire and tube but then I decided that I wanted to return the scooter because nothing had gone right with it, so I told him that and he said I was out of the 30-day money back thing but he could get me free parts. I asked him if there was anyway that I could return the scooter and he said no. He also said if he did HE WOULD GET FIRED! So I just decided to trust him and sent him the wheel and he fixed it and sent it back. I put it on when I got it back (about an hours work for a 13 year old) and started riding it to one of my friends house AND THE TUBE DEFLATED AGAIN. At this point I had my mom talk to him and he said if I sent pictures he would again fix the problem. I sent him these pictures and he replied saying he would not fix it, it was redicoulous that I wanted to return over a tire, and that it was my fault for the tire. He will not respond to my email at this point. I urge you not to buy anything from this seller because he does not care about his buyers he cares about your money. I now will have to pay around $50 to get this fixed at a profressional scooter store because of this horrible company. Do me a favor and do not buy anything from this company. This company will lie for your money.

#4 REBUTTAL Owner of company

THIS CLAIM IS FALSE, PLEASE READ THE TRUTH BELOW.

AUTHOR: Eastcoast wholesales - (U.S.A.)

This customer was a complete nightmare to deal with. We give a full copy of our 30 day return warranty which explains all items must be returned to us within 30 days for receipt for a full refund and customer is responsible for return shipping. This person used profanity in emails to our company, would not read or follow our warranty after we sent her over 50 emails in weeks and talked to them on the phone. They have doctored have of there report so most of there claims are very false. We have been in business for over 12 years and we have sold over 30,000 items on ebay and our website. You can view our company on ebay by searching our ebay id name which is Eastcoast_wholesales_inc. you will see over 11,000 positive feedbacks alone just from ebay. It is unfortunate in 30,000 sales on ebay you get 1 or 2 people who just cause trouble and lie. Oh well 1 or 2 people out of 30,000 customers who cause trouble is very small, that is the price of business and the free access to sites like this to help nasty people try to post nasty comments about good companys. Thanks for listening to our comment to this false statement posted by a nasty individual. Thanks, www.eastcoastwholesales.com

#5 REBUTTAL Owner of company

CLAIM IS NOT CORRECT AT ALL.

AUTHOR: Eastcoast Wholesales - (U.S.A.)

CRAIG MCKINNEY EAST COAST WHOLESALES

AUTHOR: Taken for a ride - (U.S.A.)

Total price to return used and damaged scooter was $28.18. I have been waiting to get my money back, but it has not happened yet. MCKINNEY advertises BRAND NEW MINT CONDITION IN ORIGINAL BOX on Ebay. He then ships used and damaged merchandise. This has happened to many other buyers besides me. He then blames UPS, and eventually responds to negative feedback by blaming the buyer, the buyers kid or dog. Then he insults the buyer, calling him or her a kid, or unable to communicate, or from NJ, MA, or Ill. Then he refuses to assist buyer with an exchange or refund unless negative ebay feedback is removed. Then he claims he won't return money because the buyer broke the item, using it incorrectly orgoing too fast, or just a dumb kid who can't read instructions.

I don't know why Ebay allows him to do business. I will never buy from him again. He also told Ebay that I did not pay/recieve the scooter, and Ebay gave me a strike on my record. Only after emailing them with proof of payment did they remove the strike. That is another of MCKINNEY'S retaliations. If the buyer complains or refuses to remove feedback, McKinney tells Ebay that the buyer never paid, and is complaing because they are mean trouble makers! It has been the worst purchasing experience I ever had.