• Submitted: Sat, April 03, 2010
  • Updated: Sat, April 03, 2010

• Reported By: Teena — Portland Tennessee United States of America
2001 12 mile rd Internet United States of America

I purchased a vehicle from a local car dealer and because of being credit challenged, I financed the car with Credit Acceptance.  The price of the vehicle was $10k.  I paid $3500.00 down and my payments were $425.00 monthly for 36 months.  I fell behind onthe payments due to medical reasons.  I doubled up on my payments for 10 months.  I really tried to pay this vehicle off.  I have now paid them over $20k and when I called to get a payoff, I was told I still owed $9k.  I questioned the balance and they promptly came to repo the car.  I refused to surrender the car and contacted an attorney.  We are going to challenge their practices in court.  I was never given a balance whenever I made a payment.  All I was told was that if I did not go and make a payment via MoneyGram or Western Union, they would repo my car.  These are nefarious business practices in any state.  I had to threaten to have the repo agent arrested for stalking.  I will not go quietly into the night..I will not surrender the car and I am going to sue them.  If people think the mortgage industry was bad, these people are worse.  There needs to be regulations put inplace regarding this type of practice and we have to start somewhere.  I may loose the suit but I will fight this.  Other people who have been subjected to this "being robbed without a gun" should fight back, too.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/03/2010 10:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CREDIT-ACCEPTANCE-CORPORATION/internet/CREDIT-ACCEPTANCE-CORPORATION-YOU-WILL-NEVER-GET-THEM-PAID-OFF-Internet-589364. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CREDIT ACCEPTANCE CORPORATION