Complaint Review: CREDIT PROTECTION AGENCY

• Updated: Mon, July 07, 2014

• Reported By: ripped off 3x — Danvers Illinois
CREDIT PROTECTION AGENCY
Nationwide USA

CREDIT PROTECTION ASSOCIATION and MEDIACOM TOTAL HARASSMENT FROM CREDIT PROTECTION ASSOCIATION AND MEDIACOM FOR TWO YEARS.  Nationwide

*Author of original report: Mediacom resolved my problem!

*Author of original report: Mediacom resolved my problem!

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Service

Preview Report Title: TOTAL HARASSMENT FROM CREDIT PROTECTION ASSOCIATION AND MEDIACOM FOR TWO YEARS SO FAR AND BY LAW CAN CONTINUE FIVE MORE.

May 3, 2014: On October 2, 2012, I ended my contract with MEDIACOM but they continued to bill me. I had notified them by mail 3 times, had called more times than i can remember, had returned their equipment, but they kept saying "well it says here you owe us $581.73".

This happened in 2012. They turned it over to CPA on February 12, 2013. I did all the things suggested by the individual to whom I am responding to. I mailed the CPA 17 pages by registered mail, showing the letters I had sent to MEDIACOM, showing them that I had paid Mediacom fully to the day I stopped their service, and bills from Frontier and Dish, beginning the next day.

I did not hear from the CPA for over a month, so I called and was told "the legal team" had determined that I owed $0 to Mediacom. Then one year later, on March 17, 2014 I received a collection notice from another agency, CREDIT COLLECTION SERVICES for the exact same thing. I first called MEDIACOM, and was told their records showed I still owed them $518.73.

So I called CCS and was told to fax the same 17 pages to them.

I then called CPA three times, asking them to send me a written confirmation of their 2013 decision. I spoke to "Sandra'"on 4/8/2014, who said "Yes, our legal team had determined you don't owe MEDIACOM anything", and she would mail me a confirmation. Nothing. So I called CPA again on 4/21/2014, spoke to "Mark," who stated the same thing, and he would e-mail me the confirmation. Nothing.

Then I called "Brian" of CPA on April 30, 2014, and he told me CPA did not keep records of previous interactions, that they had mailed me a new collection bill dated April 22, the day after I spoke to "Mark." That I needed to start all over again, that MEDIACOM could continue to send my "unpaid bill to collection agencies continuously for seven years." I asked to speak to Sandra or Mark, but conveniently, they were not working that day.

CPA HAD DECIDED TO GET BACK IN THE ACTION AGAIN. The only resolution I can see to this harassment is to contact a lawyer. CPA is nationwide. MEDIACOM is CHILLICOTHE, IL. Nationwide

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/03/2014 01:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CREDIT-PROTECTION-AGENCY/nationwide/CREDIT-PROTECTION-ASSOCIATION-and-MEDIACOM-TOTAL-HARASSMENT-FROM-CREDIT-PROTECTION-ASSOCI-1143831. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CREDIT PROTECTION AGENCY

Mediacom resolved my problem!

AUTHOR: ripped off 3x - ()

Unbelievable!

When I entered this complaint I never dreamed Mediacom would see it and resolve it. I just wanted to air my frustration.

Mediacom social team--Thank you so much.

Mediacom resolved my problem!

AUTHOR: ripped off 3x - ()

Unbelievable!

Mediacom Social Team---Thank you so much!!

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Service

AUTHOR: Mediacom Support - ()

Hello,

Thank You for posting here about this issue. The Mediacom Social Media Team will be more than happy to look into this for you and get it addressed accordingly. Can you send us the account number or service address of the account in which you are having this issue with to SocialMediaTeam@mediacomcc.com?

Mediacom Social Media Team