Complaint Review: CRESCENT BANK AND TRUST, NEW ORLEANS, LOUISIANA

• Updated: Fri, May 21, 2010

• Reported By: Shirley — Vienna West Virginia United States of America
CRESCENT BANK AND TRUST, NEW ORLEANS, LOUISIANA
PO BOX 60048 New Orleans, Louisiana United States of America

CRESCENT BANK AND TRUST, NEW ORLEANS, LOUISIANA Collection Department. Contacted my neighbor about my account. Took my car I paid a womqn & a man to get it back. 100s New Orleans, Louisiana

*Consumer Comment: Boo h*o

*Consumer Comment: I Want To Testify!

*Consumer Comment: Sorry..

Erycca Courville collections for Crescent Bank. has called before 8:00 after 8:00,weekends,holidays.threating to sue,attatch my wadges,called my neighbor & left messages on her meachine have me to call her about my car loan being late. My neighbor told them not to call her home they still called, she has dates & will testfy. A man came to my home with a badge on & was told to take my car, I had made arrangments with a supervisor to catch my payment up. I called the bank the next day he didnt even know it had been taken. It took all day to get it back, it was very wierd I had to talk to a lady & pay her then I had to pay the man that took it. I was told by him if I didnt give him the keys he would arest me. I have a paper trail of all calls & recorded. Im totaly disabled Erycca said I still dont get a free ride.When I was going to be late I would call every time that workmans comp didnt pay me & let them know.But nothing mattered.

Under the law Fair Debt Collection Practice Act debt collectors cannot take your rights of privacy away.They cant threaten to arest you,or sue you,or take every thing you have.I send everything registered sometimes they call they didnt get my payment I tell them I have my signed recept they hang up. I have sent letters to complain, Erycca gets them & calls says I can understand your concen Im your supervisor now. They have checked my credit 3 times & each time it affects your score, how do they continue to get away with this. Someone needs to enforce the law & arest the president & vice president, all supervisors until it stops. If this dont happen it will never stop fines does nothing, the law needs to step up to the plate adutt them. check their books, check complants inforce the fair debt collection practice act. The law was passed for the purpose of keeping large banks within the guide lines. Whats gone wrong with the good old USA?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/20/2010 03:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CRESCENT-BANK-AND-TRUST-NEW-ORLEANS-LOUISIANA/New-Orleans-Louisiana-70166-0048/CRESCENT-BANK-AND-TRUST-NEW-ORLEANS-LOUISIANA-Collection-Department-Contacted-my-neighb-605143. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CRESCENT BANK AND TRUST, NEW ORLEANS, LOUISIANA

Boo h*o

AUTHOR: Stacey - (U.S.A.)

I am totally disabled??? You can afford an internet connection but cannot pay your car note?? No sympathy here - I suggest you review your priorities and then get back to us when it is medication vs food!

I Want To Testify!

AUTHOR: Jim - (USA)

In fact, I'll testify right now...

If you get out of your sub-prime mindset and pay your bills ON TIME instead of blaming the lender because they've taken collections efforts to protect their interests because YOU are again living up to your REPUTATION of NOT paying your bills, then you wouldn't have these problems!

Sorry..

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

But the Fair Debt Collection Practice Act only applies to 3rd Party Collectors, and not Original Creditors.  Cressent Bank is an original creditor, so it does not apply to them.

Now, they are a Sub-Prime lender, and actually one of "last resort" lenders.  Which means that there was probably no other lender who would have financed your vehicle.  As a result they are going to be more agressive in collecting, especially when you are LATE.

Another little item to think about.  If you are having trouble paying your car note worrying about the minor deduction, if any, in your credit score by them doing the inquiry should be the least of your concerns.  In fact you are are at least 30 days late,  they could check your credit every day for that same month and it won't have as much "damage" to your credit as that 30 day late.