Complaint Review: CRICKET WIRELESS

• Reported By: chickenlady — Independence Missouri United States of America
CRICKET WIRELESS
# 3509 S Noland Rd Internet United States of America

CRICKET WIRELESS Rebate scam, Internet

I sent off for a rebate some 8 months ago on a phone I bought. I waited and waited and called only to get no help at all. The web site said my rebate had been processed and sent out in August 09, have been calling and all they could tell me is what I already read on the web site "It's been sent out".

I get the rebate in the mail over this last weekend (Jan '10). I open it up and it's a Visa card that says it has $50 on it, which was my rebate amount. It also says on the card that it expired December 2009.

I call the number to activate it and she tells me the same thing and has me transferred to someone else to deal with it. This next person tells me that there is nothing that she can do and they do not send out replacements but she will refer "my case" to someone else who will be contacting me in 7-10 days. I'm sure they will just send me a letter saying I don't get my rebate.

Of course there is no dated postmark on the envelope for me to see when it was actually dated.

I've seen alot of complaints that people just don't receive a rebate at all.....maybe this is a new tactic for them....send you an expired one that you can't use and tell you theres nothing they can do about it.

Since when is there an expiration on a rebate?? Even if they DID send it in August, how could it expire in 4 months???

I can't knock the service I get thru them, It's been great as far as the the wireless service working, but their customer service SUCKS!!

Just last month my husband paid out bill online and didn't change the amount and it charged our card for 2 months, we called to have one month credited back to our card. Called several times and they showed no record of the first call and  credit arrangements nor did they show any record of the 4 following calls. We never did get the money credited back to us and just let it go cos eventually would have paid again anyhow.
This just shows a pattern for them. They sure are happy to take your money, but wont give any back that's entitled to you!

We may be switching service soon if they don't make good on this rebate and I WILL be contacting an attorney.

I'm going up to the corporate location tomorrow to see if I can get any help there, if not, my next stop is my lawyer!

It may just be $50, but It's the point in the matter and bad business!

Amber - Independence, MO

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/21/2010 12:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CRICKET-WIRELESS/internet/CRICKET-WIRELESS-Rebate-scam-Internet-557716. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CRICKET WIRELESS