Complaint Review: CRM Rewards Department

• Submitted: Sun, December 14, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, December 14, 2008

• Reported By:Lost Creek West Virginia
CRM Rewards Department
501 40th Street Bakersfield, California U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-449-3596
  • Web:
  • Category: Resorts

CRM Rewards Department Letter scam stating that they had to reach me with good news. Bakersfield California

I received a letter in the mail on 12/8/2008 stating that "we are trying to reach you with good news. It is very important that you call us toll free at 1-800-449-3596. Thank you Lisa Eastwood Rewards Department Supervisor". They provided a pin number on the letter.

I called the 1800 number and the woman I talked to stated that I had won a trip that totaled $350.00 to any resort. She said that I had been chosen out of my state along with 49 other states for a drawing of 1 million dollars. They went on to say that they would normally have their winners come pick up their certificate but they surely couldn't expect me to go to California to pick it up so they could mail it to me and I would only have to pay for the shipping $4.95.

She went on to ask me if I was between the age 19-25 or 25-30. She also asked which credit card I prefered and I did not respond. She wanted to know my telephone number and I'm sure she would have asked for my credit card number next. After I told her I was not giving her my information and that I wasn't because how do I know if she was a scam she was short and hung up on me. After saying that I would still be in the drawing and thank you, goodbye. I hope these scam artists are caught and put away.

Lost Creek, West Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/14/2008 09:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CRM-Rewards-Department/Bakersfield-California-93301/CRM-Rewards-Department-Letter-scam-stating-that-they-had-to-reach-me-with-good-news-Baker-401353. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CRM Rewards Department