Complaint Review: CROSS COUNTRY BANK

• Submitted: Sat, July 31, 2004
  • Updated: Sat, July 31, 2004

• Reported By:Spencer Iowa
P.O. BOX 310771 BOCA RATON, Florida U.S.A.

CROSS COUNTRY BANK rip-off! Over charges and fees! BOCA RATON Florida

I had a card with rip-off cross country bank. Lately I have been harassed by an attorney for them about this account. I had this in debt consolidation with a firm in boca raton and after four years seemed like nothing got paid off or down and the interest never went down.

I received a letter today from this firm saying they wanted the $2400 in seven days. This was a $300 max limit card of which I never used to the $300 is now $2400 due to late fees and over charges. They accepted the proposal from Debt Management Credit couseling Corp but never showed any pay off accounts or anything else.

I notified the attorney and CCb that I had no Alternative but to file bankruptcy and then I get this letter wanting payment in seven days. I take home $640 a month and my daughter makes $400 and that doesnt even cover the bills, so are they going to make me homeless over this exaggerated account. I would gladly settle for $500 and get it paid off but $2400 is a BIG RIP OFF

Spencer, Iowa

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/31/2004 02:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CROSS-COUNTRY-BANK/BOCA-RATON-Florida-33431/CROSS-COUNTRY-BANK-rip-off-Over-charges-and-fees-BOCA-RATON-Florida-101547. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CROSS COUNTRY BANK