restaurant

• Reported By:
CROSS COUNTRY BANK
Nationwide U.S.A.

cross country creditor harassment

My husband and I have a cross country credit card. A few months ago my husband had a heart attack. He was unable to go back to work for almost 3 months. He was received 60% of his salary through his disability insurance. Long story short we got behind on our bills. Not having the money to pay the arrearage on the credit cards we entered into credit counseling. Cross country is the ONLY creditor that still calls our home. And call they do every day all day long.

I spoke to one collector (she identified herself as a manager) a few weeks ago; I explained that our account history until a few months ago was great. That we entered into cccs because we couldn't satisfy the arrearage on the cardswe were simply trying to live up to our obligations the best way we could at the time. She proceeded to tell me our plan was rejected; it was $10 short of their requirement. I asked why the cccs has not made us aware of this rejection. She told me they mailed the cccs a letter and they have never responsed. She went on to say all the cccs are rip offs. The7 (cross country) rarely deals with them because of this. (Although they are non-profit?)

Ironically, the next week, we received a letter in the mail from cross county stating our plan with the cccs had been accepted. Three cheers for us to living up to our obligations

One would think this would stop themstory over. NO WAY! The phone calls are 1000 times worse now. I have told the collectors we have a letter stating the acceptance of our plan from your own company. They state it's a forgery, doesn't exist (I'm lying) or they just rejected the plan that day (for no reason).

I live in Georgia and want to bring a class action suit again them for creditor harassment.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/18/2002 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CROSS-COUNTRY-BANK/nationwide/cross-country-creditor-harassment-11900. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CROSS COUNTRY BANK