Complaint Review: CROW & HJS Design(Ceramic Restorations of Westchester Inc.)

• Submitted: Wed, April 04, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, September 14, 2012

• Reported By: sharron — oceanside California United States of America
CROW & HJS Design(Ceramic Restorations of Westchester Inc.)
83 Raafenberg Road Sleepy Hollow, New York United States of America

CROW & HJS Design(Ceramic Restorations of Westchester Inc.) Hans J. Schindhelm - Master Restorer Sent my rare MI Hummel TMK 1 Holy Angel water Font 11/8/2010 estimated repair 3 months. Now 2012 and Hans will not return phone or e-mails from me. On 9/4/2011 he promised I would get it Sleepy Hollow, New York

*Author of original report: Answer to Robert

*Consumer Comment: true artist

*Author of original report: Pat answer

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Complaint Resolved

*Author of original report: Angel Font

Sent the company MI Hummel tmk 1 Holy Angel Water Font for repair on November 8th 2010. The written estimated time for repair was 3 months at a cost of $248.50 + $17.50 for return postage. The contract was signed and the costs paid by check and sent to the company for processing. We Have a copy of the contract and they estimated the value of the Hummel at $500.00 plus and said it was a rare item. We have called or e-mailed them numerous times requesting the status of the repair with one promise of delivery after another. The last e-mail was September 4th, 2011 where a promise was made by them of a delivery of well before Christmas 2011. We still don't have our beautiful Hummel after well over a year. Hans Schindhelm now will not return any phone calls or e-mails from us about getting our Hummel back. I want to give this warning about this restorer because this was special Hummel it brought back memories of my Grandmother and I don't want to see anyone else lose a valued item.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/04/2012 11:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CROW-HJS-DesignCeramic-Restorations-of-Westchester-Inc/Sleepy-Hollow-New-York-10591/CROW-HJS-DesignCeramic-Restorations-of-Westchester-Inc-Hans-J-Schindhelm-Master-Re-864159. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CROW & HJS Design(Ceramic Restorations of Westchester Inc.)

Answer to Robert

Hi Robert,

I am happy that you and your friends received your items back okay, but I did not.  If his computer systems were down how did he e-mail me and promise I would have it before Christmas?  After a long length of time we reported him to the BBB and they said he was sending it out a certain date but it never came.  We then contacted the New York State Attorney General in an attempt to get my font back.  I am very understanding even if he said the repair would take about 3 months, I was willing to wait longer, but he should have told me he was having trouble getting the glaze to stick to the font.  Instead of contacting me he responded to the BBB and they informed me of the problem.  He should have contacted me and established a line of communication about my order and the problems instead of not contacting me with a resolution.  There are other restorers, but I have a trust issue after this.  My husband and I are trying to forget this whole bad experience.  I believe a business should be honest and let the customer know what's going on.

true artist

AUTHOR: Robert - (United States of America)

i have had many items repaired by hans and have been pleased every time.  it does take a long time because he is the only person running the business and repairs take time. not to many people in the united states that can do this craft. my pieces all look like new and i have many friends that have used him and totally thrilled with results.

Pat answer

AUTHOR: sharron - (United States of America)

Mr. Schindhelm seems to have a pat answer for everyone! That does not answer why my Angel font has the Germany taken off the back, brown patches of color in one angels blonde hair, and bad glazing. My once beautiful font does not look like the one I sent him! I kept pictures before I sent my font to him and anyone can see he did a bad job.

#4 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Complaint Resolved

AUTHOR: CROW Inc. - (United States of America)

The item in question was finally repaired and returned to it's owner...

as previously explained to our client the company was a victim of flooding which destroyed equipment including computers and phone systems and damaged the studio... luckily none of the orders were affected...

this unfortunate event disturbed the company's work schedule delaying all orders in the system... we are up and running again and are working to catch up with the current backlog... since the computers were lost we are working now to re-enter them into the new computers based on the paperwork backups we have for each order...

I sincerely hope that this clears up any confusion that may excist with our clientele... thank you for your patience and understanding!

Sincerely,

Hans H. Schindhelm

Master Restorer

Angel Font

AUTHOR: sharron - (United States of America)

I did finally receive my Angel Font but he ruined it. The name Germany is missing off the back and the glazing is awful. The value of $500.00 plus I think don't fit the Angel Font anymore! Master Restorer I don't think so!