Complaint Review: CRS Home Shopping Network, Consumer Credit Services, Inc., First National Card

• Submitted: Fri, August 24, 2001
  • Updated: Wed, May 30, 2007

• Reported By:Warner Robins GA
CRS Home Shopping Network, Consumer Credit Services, Inc., First National Card
61 W. Utah, St STE 63 Las Vagas, Nevada U.S.A.

CRS Home Shopping Network, Consumer Credit Services, Inc., First National Card Rip-off ..money from my account WITHOUT MY APPROVAL!

*Consumer Comment: Thanx You

*Consumer Comment: thank you

*Consumer Comment: Thank you!

*Consumer Comment: i got ripped!

*Consumer Comment: Thanks for the warning!

*Consumer Comment: This company is still around with a new address...

*Consumer Comment: FTC links to legal ranglings involving CCS

*Consumer Suggestion: CCS/First National Card

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: crs home shopping ripped me off

*Consumer Comment: THEY'RE BACK....THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP!!!

*Consumer Comment: tired of it...wool over peoples eyes.

*Consumer Comment: THEY THINK THEY ARE SLICK AS GEL

*UPDATE Employee: The Real Lowdown On CCS

*Consumer Comment: thank you

CRS - Home Shopping network called with a Credit Card from Consumer Credit Services, Inc (CCS) with a $7,500.00 limit on the card. Also provided is a Cash on Demand check cashing card ($20.00 limit)

The fee of $199.99 was taken from my bank account for membership fees. I received the package and catalogus to order and there is NO Website to order from. The 800 number always assisting other customers.

This business is a rip-off. Since I joined and have not been able to log on or order antthing an additional $49.99 and $99.00 have been taken from my account WITHOUT MY APPROVAL!

I found a rip off report on this business so now I know who and where these people are.

Consumer Credit Services, INC. (CCS)/First national Card
61 W. Utah, St STE 63, Las Vagas NV 89102 Phone: 1-800-403-3743, web address www.crsshoppingclub.com.

They are rip-offs and are stealing money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/24/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CRS-Home-Shopping-Network-Consumer-Credit-Services-Inc-First-National-Card/Las-Vagas-Nevada-89102/CRS-Home-Shopping-Network-Consumer-Credit-Services-Inc-First-National-Card-Rip-off-m-6338. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CRS Home Shopping Network, Consumer Credit Services, Inc., First National Card

Thanx You

AUTHOR: Anita - (U.S.A.)

Thanks to this website I received an offer in the mail from CCA, any time I receive something in the mail out of the blue, I always come to this website to check out the company to see if there are any reports and THANK GOD you are up and running with all the info us consumers need.

2 Thumbs up to you with a bag of coodoes.

AUTHOR: Deborah - (U.S.A.)

I just wanted to say thank you for this website and for this topic. I recieved one of those cards in the mail, and something didn't seem right, so I got on the net and looked around. Luckily I did not activate the card, because I saw this report. Thank you SO much.

Thank you!

AUTHOR: Christine - (U.S.A.)

I got one of these cards in the mail today, and seriously considered using it. I wanted to check it out first, and found your website. Thank God I did! Also, I tried the website you listed for this company, and it doesn't even take me to a CCS website, but to a real estate company. Buyer Beware!

i got ripped!

AUTHOR: Majoh - (U.S.A.)

I received a letter from a Credit Service Division or CCS. Actually i dont have any idea about it, that its a fraudulent company, beacuase of the need of financial hardship i actually fall for it. I called the number posted on the paper, and got the credit card activated. I waited 5-7 days for the card but nothing came. I thought they didnt approved me because i dont have sufficient fund but then, After 12 days, when i checked my checking account it stated that (ACH) took $200 from my account.. so i tried to find out how it happened.

I was surprised because the representative told us ( i put him on loudspeaker that time i called) that they will just check my account if i have enough fund in it that's why they are taking my account number. I doubted the company as soon as i learned that they took money in my account and as soon as i got home i opened my computer and search the address listed on the envelope and found out thats its a scam!

When i read and saw the same letter they sent me and called my bank about the unauthorized automated clearing house transaction. Im thankful because my bank had been cooperative and took action and brought the money back to my account. Thank God i surf googles and found this site. I learned my lesson and im not gonna fall for another. I hope for those who will get the same letter, be wise and dont loose hope, fight for your rights. Thank you!

obsession- L.A., Califonia.

AUTHOR: Tammie - (U.S.A.)

We received a letter with the card today and didn't remember applying for anything ... so we read it further, and it sounded attractive, until I checked it out on the web and found these rip-off remarks. Thanks for the heads-up! We will be shredding the offer and card and hopefully won't see anything more from them in the future!

T

This company is still around with a new address...

AUTHOR: Diana - (U.S.A.)

I just recieved a 6500.00 credit limit first national card from this company yesterday. this company still uses the same name and phone number but has a new address.

The new address is:

CCS
Credit Service Division
P.O. Box 17800
Las Vegas, NV, 89114-7800...

And thank you all for the posting on this company... I was actually thinking of possibly activating this card... but not after reading this...

FTC links to legal ranglings involving CCS

AUTHOR: V.p. - (U.S.A.)

The following are Federal Trade Commission (FTC) links to legal ranglings involving Consumer Credit Services, Inc.

#10 Consumer Suggestion

CCS/First National Card

AUTHOR: Karla - (U.S.A.)

The address has changed. The address was originally 61 W. Utah Street and is now 81 W. Utah Street. You all need to remember that you don't have to pay to get credit or loan. There should never be any upfront fees associated with these kinds of things. If there is a yearly fee, then let them put it on the card just like credit card companies do. You don't have to pay money to get a loan. If you suspect that this might be a scam, call the BBB and the local police for that city and state. Next, call the attorney general. Just remember, if it looks too good to be true, odds are, it isn't good and throw it away.

#11 REBUTTAL Individual responds

crs home shopping ripped me off

AUTHOR: CARLA - (U.S.A.)

i found out that some one else had ordered this program, when i was 199.99 short in my checking account. so i tried to call the bank to stop the payment of said money, but it was too late, the card company gave me a 7500.00 limit on the card. They also provided is a cash on demand check cashing card(20.00 limit)

I also tried to call this 1-800403-3743 number, but that number left me hanging on the phone for quite some time. or that they were helping other customers and never get back to you.
this business is out to rip the public off since they get your account information they took an additional 49.99 and 99.00 out of my account
without my approval!!!consumer credit service, inc(ccs) first national card 61 w utha st ste 63 las vegas nv 8910phone 1-800-403-3743, web address is www.crsshoppingclub.com
THEY ARE A BIG FAT RIP OFF SO PUBLIC BEWEAR

THEY'RE BACK....THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP!!!

AUTHOR: DANTE - (U.S.A.)

Today I received this letter in the mail stating that I was appoved for a $6500 credit limit just as the many other individuals on this site. However, it looked "SUSPECT" from the beginning so that is why I went and refereced this site and just my LUCK, I was right. It seems this company is at it again!!! So, I read the reports and called the 1-800 number and told the rep. that we DID NOT WANT THIS CARD, AND TO TAKE US OFF of their mailing list.

He then stated that he needed the card number off the front of the card to process my request. However, he then asked me for the approval code on the letter, which I REFUSED to give him because as I stated to him, why would he need the approval code if I was calling to be removed from the mailing list and NOT activate the card.
He went on to say that it was the only way that he could cancel us from the mailing list...(which I knew was a down right lie)!!! I told him that I had researched the company on the web and had found out that they had been reported on numerous RIP-OFF reports and assured him that if he couldn't take us off without giving him the activation code that I would need to speak with his supervisor...He became defensive and kept asking for the activation code which I still refused to give him.

So,all in all I didn't give him the activation code and told him that I was going to call back to speak to his supervisor since he didn't want to transfer me...Then he hung UP on me!!!
I called back and the supervisor assured me that we will be taken off of the mailing list and no activation code was necessary????

So, for the ex-employee who works for this company, please remember that people(CCS) shouldn't throw stones at consumers becasue they are the ones living in the GLASS houses....which sooner or later are going to be shattered by GOOD consumers who won't stand for these shady business practices.

Score one for the good guys:-)

tired of it...wool over peoples eyes.

AUTHOR: Megan - (U.S.A.)

thank you for posting this rip-off report. i received a card in the mail. i can't believe that i actually thought of activating it. i am tired of these people trying to pull the wool over peoples eyes. it's crazy and i wish that there were stiffer penalties for these people.

AUTHOR: Leon - ()

Thank you for putting something in here about this corporation because I just got one of their cards yesterday and I was debating on calling to activate it. I am very glad that I didn't. The phone number on it was 1-800-717-1278 and the address is still the correct one. Thanks and good luck getting your money back.

THEY THINK THEY ARE SLICK AS GEL

AUTHOR: shelia - ()

I WENT TO THE MAILBOX TO GET MY MAIL AND THERE IT WAS , SAYING I WA APPROVED FOR A CREDIT CARD AND THAT I NEED TO ACTIVITE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE TO WHEN I MADE IT IN THE HOUSE I READ A LITTLE FURTHER ON DOWN SAYING I HAD TO MAKE A 200.00 DOLLAR DEPOSITED AND THEY WILL GIVE ME 200.00 DOLLAR CASH ON DEMAND IN RETURN.BUT, THEN I WAS CURIOUS ABOUT THERE WEBSITE AND GUESS WHAT IT DON'T EXIST AT ALL THANK GOD I READ ABOUT THESE
SCAMS PEOPLE ARE TRYING TO GET OVER ON.

SINCERLY YOURS,
SHELIA

First of all I would like to thank you for posting this especially the address.

I recieved in the mail the immediate approval form for 6,500.00 credit limit but it is for CCS Shopping Network. This shopping network was not mentioned in the warning thought it might help.

The Real Lowdown On CCS

AUTHOR: James - ()

I was at one point in time employed at CCS in Las Vegas Nv and i know first hand that everything that is said in the companies approval letters are true and everything that is stated in those approvals letters are stated word for word when the customers call into to activate there cards.We do not lie to our customers.

We said everything to them in writing and only go into there checking accounts with the customers approval.

The customer has to give there consent to activate the merchant card-it is illegal to activate a credit card of any kind without the customers approval to do so.

We do not have a website our customers can shop from IT IS STRICTLY A CATALOG SHOPPING CLUB ONLY!Its not the employees of CCS's fault that a certain segment of the population cannot understand that.

Alot of the customers we deal with on a daily basis simply call in because they cant seem to understand basic concepts of credit cards and the terms and benefits associated with them.

Then when you tell them what they dont want to hear they get upset and that is how websites like this are started-by people who feel they were screwed when in reality they brought it on themselves by giving consent to go into there checking accounts and so forth and when they realize they dont want it and instead of simpling canceling it and realizing there mistake and letting it go people feel the need to start trouble about it and threaten to sue and so forth when in there approval letters it plainly states all terms of the merchant card so no lawyer in his or her right mind would sue a company unless there the biggest scumbag on the planet.

So i have absolutely no sypathy for a lot of the customers that contact CCS and then get pissed off when they cant everything the way they want it.The customer is not always right.

This is an excellent program for people who want to establish or re-establish there credit.I refuse to allow my company be dragged into the mud by a few pissed off idiots.

If they dont like it so much just simply keep your mouth shut and leave it alone.You brought it on yourself and if you unhappy you only have yourself to blame.

Hopefully this will get people to think before they decide to badmouth a company they know nothing about.

P.S that little website address must be some made up piece of crap because as i said before very clearly for those that actually read it CCS DOESNT HAVE A WEBSITE FOLKS!

AUTHOR: bill - ()

thank you for posting this you may have just saved me alot of money again thank you bill little