• Report: #820723

• Updated: Tue, January 10, 2012

• Reported By: Anonymous — Durham North Carolina United States of America
CRST Expedited Cedar Rapids IA
3930 16th Avenue Cedar Rapid, Iowa United States of America

CRST Expedited Cedar Rapids IA Sarah S ,recruiter, Lied to me about the CRST Program. Cedar Rapid, Iowa

On about Jan 2, 2012 I spoke to Sarah S and was told about enrolling in to CRST trucking school for my CDL. I was told that they would send me a bus ticket to get to Cedar Rapid Iowa. That was done. I was also told that I would be served lunch, but would have to provide my own breakfast and dinner. I left from North Carolina on Jan 7, 2012 in the morning  and did not arrive in Iowa until Jan 8, 2012 in the afternoon.

On Jan 9, 2012 there were a brief Orientation in the am  of the program, which consisit of signing [paper work for a background check. Something that I was told by Sarah had been done over the phone and I was all cleared to come  there. That charge was 50.00. A charge that was not told to me that would be charged to me. I was also told that lunch would be served (only). When lunch came there were slips handed out for a group of people that were in the Orientation room downstairs. [continued below]....
.....  The group that was upstairs was also having Orientation.  Both groups broke for lunch and the group that was down stairs was handed slips to go through the line.  The group upstairs did not and was told that if they did not have a slip they would have to buy lunch. (another Lie Sarah S told)

On Jan 9, 2012 in the evening,  I received a family Emergency Phone call from home and needed to return to North Carolina. I went across the parking lot to informed the dispatcher and was told that there was nothing they could do and they would not be sending me back home. That I would have to find my own way back. He also stated that I would have to talk to my recuriter.  On Jan 10, 2012 in the am I spoke with Sarah S who told me too that they would not be sending me home and that I had to find my own way back. When Sarah S. had  told me and my fiance before I arrived there, that if there were any type of  family Emergency they would get me back home.

This trip cost my family and I almost $700.00 to go on. Including food, clothing for the weather in Iowa, transportation to the bus and return bus fare back to North Carolina.  Two days I was at CRST in Cedar Rapid Iowa, with no class room  instruction on obtaining my CDL lisc.  I was handed a copy of the Permit test with the answers on it. In which I would had much perfer to have some type of classroom instruction to learn what I needed to know for my CDL permit and then been tested without the answers already circle. I wanted to really learn how about CDL lis and learn how to operate a Transfer Truck.  (18 wheeler) There were conversations among others that the government pays CRST aprox 8,000.00 for each person they bring there for training.  With this type of training  and services that CRST offer their trainees, that is a Government Ripoff  of Tax payers money.  It needs to STOP!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/10/2012 03:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CRST-Expedited-Cedar-Rapids-IA/Cedar-Rapid-Iowa-52404/CRST-Expedited-Cedar-Rapids-IA-Sarah-S-recruiter-Lied-to-me-about-the-CRST-Program-Ced-820723. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CRST Expedited Cedar Rapids IA