Complaint Review: CRST Van Expedited

• Submitted: Tue, September 25, 2007
  • Updated: Wed, April 25, 2012

• Reported By:Corydon Indiana
CRST Van Expedited
3930 16th Ave South Cedar Raids, Iowa U.S.A.

CRST Van Expedited - CRST Trucking - Timothy And Melissa Campbell Owner Operators CRST DID NOTHING TO HELP ME GET PAID BY THEIR OWNER OPERATOR WAGE REP-OFFS! Cedar Raids Iowa

*General Comment: not liable

*General Comment: What?

*UPDATE Employee: Your quarrel is with the Owner Operator, not CRST

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: file claim with iowa workforce commission

I started contract driving for a CRST Van Expedited in December 2006. CRST Van Expedited is a division of CRST out of Cedar Radis, Iowa for owner operators that have their truck leased to CRST Trucking.

The owner operator would pay me with comcheks weekly, therefore, making me a self employeed truck driver. The pay covered loads delivered prior to Monday of every week. As time passed, the owner operator started shorting my pay and making promises to catch up the following week. Which in most cases he did just that.
By the middle of March 2007 the owner operator was increasingly getting slower with pay.

In March 2007 I had just delivered a load in Pennsylvania and I sat in Pennsylvania for 2 days. (dispatch fault) I drive down to Jackson, Ohio to load a shipment going to California that had 7 stops in California. I get empty in California.

At this point the owner operator owed me $1200.00. I took a $50.00 draw through dispatch. The owner operator calls me and asks me how much he owes me. I told him $1200.00. He says "okay let me get a comchek code and call you back."

He calls me back and and gives me a cussing for no reason and tells me he is not paying me. All loads were delivered on time with no problems at anytime during transit.

At this point I quickly grab another $150.00 draw, which I had to pull teeth with dispatch to receive. I get a load back to toward home to Ohio and dead head the truck home to Indiana.

I turned the truck in at the CRST yard in Indianapolis, IN (the owner operator leased this truck from CRST) and left the trailer at the owner operators home, since he owned it. CRST dispatch requested the truck be turned in at their yard in Indianapolis.

When all the math was finished this CRST and owner operator owed me over $1.600.00.

I have continuosly contacted management at CRST in Cedar Rapids, IA requesting help to get paid by this owner operator.

CRST has not lifted one finger to try to help me. What a Rip-Off! This incident has caused me much financial distress. My rent went unpaid for over a month, as well as utility bills and other financial obligations.
CRST does not care about drivers. If they did, they would have docked the owner operator pay in order to pay me. Dispatch knew I hauled the loads and they wold not help at the time the non-payment of wages occurred.
My name was on the bill of ladings as the driver of all the shipments and I have copies for my records. Dispatch knew I was out there, and CRST in Cedar Rapids, IA maintained my drivers file.

By the way, the owner operator's name is Timothy Campbell from Ramsey, Indiana. His wife's name is Melissa Campbell, which I now believe that Mr. Cambell's truck paperwork related to CRST is in her name.
Why would a company not see that the driver doing the pulling on any load got paid.

They are the worst company I have ever driven for in 7 years of trucking.

Corydon, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/25/2007 03:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CRST-Van-Expedited/Cedar-Raids-Iowa/CRST-Van-Expedited-CRST-Trucking-Timothy-And-Melissa-Campbell-Owner-Operators-CRST-DID-275995. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CRST Van Expedited

#1 General Comment

not liable

AUTHOR: qtip - (United States of America)

First I would like to inform you that you were NEVER an employee of CRST you were an employee of the guy that owned the truck !!CRST nor any other company I have ever had the experiance in dealing with in 17 yrs of this industry would ever make good on money owed to a driver from a leased on company

the authority holder is only responsible to the leasee not any people employed by that leasee

So my suggestion to you would be to stop barking up the wrong tree which is only a waste of your time which will only delay you in getting the money owed you even longer

#2 General Comment

AUTHOR: MartyMarsh - (United States of America)

Your going after the wrong people,your only beef should be with the O/O,but I have never heard anything good about CRST so they probably didn't pay the O/O.

Your quarrel is with the Owner Operator, not CRST

AUTHOR: Trucking in America - (United States of America)

You were working for the Owner Operator, not CRST. I don't know why you are putting the blame on CRST. You should mention the name of the Owner Operator. He's the crook.

#4 UPDATE EX-employee responds

file claim with iowa workforce commission

AUTHOR: Brent Beggs - (U.S.A.)

i too left crst..but after being terminated without cause,crst refused my wages on my com-data card,so i filed a report with iowa workforce commission,after correspondence with them for several months and after sending them proof of my claim,i recieved a check from crst for my unpaid wages,crst was claiming i owed them tds reimbursement,and that they had applied my unpaid wages to the balance they claimed i owed them,i argued that my contract stated that if i was terminated without a valid reason..i owed them nothing,since i recieved the check,i guess that meant my claim was deemed valid by iowa wfc,crst treated me terrible as trucking companys go,i am now employed locally hauling salt water in the oil-field and loving it.