Complaint Review: CRST

• Updated: Mon, December 24, 2012

• Reported By: Russ — Inverness Florida United States of America
CRST
Cedar Rapids, Iowa United States of America

CRST CRST Cat Fired Me for basically no reason, but its legal by what the contract says. Cedar Rapids Iowa

I just started to make a pay check and get the very grasp of what it was to be a truck driver. I learned that Walmart was my best friend, in buying food and microwaving it at the truck stops. An believe it or not I was beginning to think about staying with this company up until they decided to fire me. I started out making barely anything and now i was up to making around 600 a week, and some times more. An eating ramen noodles and soup in microwaveable containers. It just started to work out with them and next month I was going to get a raise up to 31 cents a mile.
Then on December 21st they called me up when I was on home time, the day after I spent mostly everything i saved up on X mass, for my kid and my woman. My fleet manager told me it was safety's decision. I had 3 accidents, only 1 was a actual accident, and I admit to it, and I did everything by the book when it occurred. Called the cop reported it to the accident hotline for CRST. Then some guy out in PA said that I hit his truck when i rolled back to make room around the truck next to me, i Might have or not, but there was absolutely no damage done to the guy's truck. His mirrior was turned in, and there wasn't a scratch on his truck, he followed me saying i did a hit and run, I stopped and talked to him he said i hit his truck i asked him to show me where, so then i called up the cops and the accident hotline to cover myself, the guy was trying to get cash off of me, and i couldn't afford to give him any money. The police officer came out there looked at it looked at him said there was nothing worth reporting and it was a waist of his time, he took off, i reported everything that happend to  the Accident hotline.

Nothing happened, it cost the company nothing at all! They counted that as a preventable accident against me.
An then the boldest thing i have ever heard, they counted me getting stuck in my drive way as a preventable accident. I would have even payed for it if they had allowed me to. The only thing that makes sense to me is that they got rid of me because i only had 2 months left to my contract, and that they thought i was going to leave the company being that I had left them before but couldnt' get a job because of the compette section in the contract.
I had 2 months and I was going to be free and clear from this company, I would no longer owe them a d**n penny. I was good with my money so i didn't owe any advances. I was so close to the end, and then i could have left this company and gone onto bigger and better things, or stay there and keep paying into the newly founded 401k.
Now i don't know what to do.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/24/2012 01:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CRST/Cedar-Rapids-Iowa-/CRST-CRST-Cat-Fired-Me-for-basically-no-reason-but-its-legal-by-what-the-contract-says-986625. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CRST