Complaint Review: CSA Travel Insurance

• Submitted: Fri, April 24, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, April 29, 2009

• Reported By:Durham North Carolina
CSA Travel Insurance
P.O. Box 939057 San Diego, California U.S.A.

CSA Travel Insurance RIPOFF - CSA Travel Protection Insurance does not pay if the carrier cancels a flight San Diego California

Don't Get Ripped Off - Read The Fine Print

I purchased CSA Travel Protection Insurance when I made my reservation with AirTran, since AirTran does not refund coach airfare.

My flight was from Raleigh, NC to Milwaukee, WI via Atlanta, GA. While in Atlanta, waiting for my connecting AirTran flight to Milwaukee, I was informed that my flight was canceled shortly after it arrived. Since this was the last flight of the night I had no alternative options.

Since I had purchased the CSA Travel Protection Insurance when I booked my flight, I called CSA Travel Protection that night to report the problem. And, after returning home, I immediately sent my paperwork into CSA, thinking I was protected, but that wasn't the case. A month later I received a call from CSA, informing me they only cover unused Travel, not Travel Cancellation on the Part of the Air Carrier.

Lessons Learned
============

1.) Be very careful when purchasing travel insurance. Check out the company and the coverage. Take the time - Avoid getting burned.

2.) As air carriers go, AirTran is getting worse, too high an occurence of mechanical problems and very unreliable schedule. Out of 10 recent flights, 6 had mechanical issues.

3.) CSA Travel Protection, they might pay off if you get sick and can't make your flight, but you're out-of-luck if the carrier cancels your flight on you.

Les
Durham, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/24/2009 04:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CSA-Travel-Insurance/San-Diego-California-92193-9057/CSA-Travel-Insurance-RIPOFF-CSA-Travel-Protection-Insurance-does-not-pay-if-the-carrier-446342. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CSA Travel Insurance

Dear Les,

We apologize for the confusion between CSA and AirTran on the delay you experienced noted here. CSA did cover the cost of the hotel room for your overnight stay in Atlanta, as covered by your policy's Travel Delay benefit. We also spoke with AirTran and they confirmed that you have been credited for the return flight you did not take due to the delay.

If you incurred any additional charges, we'd welcome additional information. As I've stated previously, CSA is a company that values its customers and affords coverage whenever possible. Please call me at 800-541-3522, and I'm happy to help as best I can.