Complaint Review: CSA/Stonebridge Travel Protection

• Reported By: Wendy — Homer Glen Illinois United States of America
CSA/Stonebridge Travel Protection
5251 Viewridge Court Internet United States of America

CSA/Stonebridge Travel Protection THEY WILL FIND A WAY NOT TO PAY! Internet

My girlfriend and I travel each year to FL for a girl's weekend.  We bought the flight insurance that was offered with our Airtran flights.

My new daughter's (son's new wife) father passed away a few days before we were to leave. The wake and memorial were on that Saturday and Sunday that we were to be gone.  With one day to decide, we canceled our flight and were fortunate enough to rebook for the following weekend.
As for our airfare travel protection insurance (Stonebridge/CSA Travel Protection)...they denied us based on my "son's father-in-law" is NOT considered family, under their policy.  My son's new father, my new daughter's dear father passed away.  My son's new family, and that is not a close enough relationship to be reimbursed for my travel plans? I would be covered for "spouse, child, spouse's child, son/daughter-in-law, parent(s), sibling(s),brother/sister, grandparent(s), grandchild, step-brother/sister, step-parent(s), parent(s)-in-law, brother/sister-in-law, aunt, uncle, niece, nephew guardian, Domestic Partner, foster child or ward".  I needed to be there to support my son and daughter.

Do  not buy travel protection from Airtran/CSA?Stonebridge Travel Protection.  The previous posts confirmed what I already knew...they will find a way NOT TO PAY!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/18/2013 05:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CSAStonebridge-Travel-Protection/internet/CSAStonebridge-Travel-Protection-THEY-WILL-FIND-A-WAY-NOT-TO-PAY-Internet-999418. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CSA/Stonebridge Travel Protection