Complaint Review: CSS - First National Membercard - First National Card - ACC - Merchantcard - Credit Service Division

• Submitted: Thu, June 09, 2005
  • Updated: Thu, June 09, 2005

• Reported By:Waterford New York
Cohoes, New York U.S.A.

CSS - First National Membercard - First National Card - ACC - Credit Service Division ripoff, rude, wouldn't take no for an answer, Las Vegas Nevada

I just activated my first national card today; and I didn't even know what I got myself into. I talked to some woman named Kenya. She seemed nice. She asked me how my day was going.. blah blah blah. I was still confused about the card and why I got it in the mail. Kenya was asking me a million questions, and then she went into this whole story about the card, and I swear she went on for about five minutes about it. She was talking really fast and that confused me even more.

After about 20 minutes of listening to her rambling on about the terms and conditions of the card. She then asked me to say 'yes' or 'no' to her questions and statements. Stupid me said 'yes' to everything she said. I just wanted the phone call to end. The only thing I remember her saying is "199.99" and how my credit line is "$8,500". The phone call ended; and I decided to search for information on this card, AFTER i activated it--and I'm glad that I went onto this site. After reading many entries on this site, I decided how big of a scam this card is.

I called that number (1-800-279-6989) and asked to deactivate my card. I talked to a guy named Jake at first--he wouldn't take no for an answer. He kept lowering the cost of the payments; and I still told him no. He was trying to buy me with tickets to events, restaruants, and gave me an extra 100 on my card. I still told him no.

Then he connected me with his supervisor named Tony. I explained to Tony that I wanted to deactivate my card, and that I do not want it. I told him about this site, and how much of a scam it is. I also told him on how I have bad credit as it is, and that I just don't want to make it worse. Then he gave me the whole story about how this card would be helping my credit and how over a thousand people are using this card. He also gave me more benefits, and tried buying me with coupons and even gave me an extra 300 on my card. He then lowered my payments to 99.99 and I still told him that I wanted to DEACTIVATE my card. After about 30 minutes of arguing with the supervisor on the phone, he gave up and told me that my card is now deactivated.

We'll see in about 2-3 weeks if my card is actually in fact, deactivated.

Advice to anyone who hasn't activated the card yet, and is tempted to active it--Please do not. And if you did activate it; and you then read this site, quickly deactivate your card. Tell them "NO" and that you want to deactivate it.

Tracey
Cohoes, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/09/2005 09:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CSS-First-National-Membercard-First-National-Card-ACC-Merchantcard-Credit-Service-Division/Cohoes-New-York-12047/CSS-First-National-Membercard-First-National-Card-ACC-Credit-Service-Division-rip-145568. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CSS - First National Membercard - First National Card - ACC - Merchantcard - Credit Service Division