Complaint Review: CST - Intoxalock

• Updated: Tue, December 13, 2011

• Reported By: ARueda — Hermitage Tennessee United States of America
CST - Intoxalock
10520 Hickman Road, Suite F Des Moines,, Iowa United States of America

CST - Intoxalock an Arrogant and Dangerous Company. This company is the biggest fraud I've ever seen and witnessed, they have faulty systems and it cost me my job, it's a total RIP-OFF!!! Des Moines, IA 50325, Iowa

*Consumer Comment: Class Action Lawsuit

*UPDATE Employee: Intoxalock Customer Service

*Consumer Suggestion: Here's an even better way to avoid this....

I had this system installed under the advise of my attorney after violating the Implied Consent law in my state. I was told this would be better than having a restricted license, boy was he wrong.

From day one this device has made my life a living H*LL!!! I've had more than 50 false readings, mind you after 4 "violations" (false readings) the device goes into "Lockout" mode and you have 72 hours to change it. In order to change it you must pay $75.00 to the company and $35.00 for the overnight shipping because you only have 72 hours!!! They do not care if you can't pay it, they tell you to go park the vehicle it at the location where they change the device or pay to have it towed there when you can come up with the money. This has happened to me 12 times, that's over $1200.00 dollars, who can afford to waste that kind of money on something that is not even worth the trouble and it's faulty!!!!

Because all the false readings and the "Lockouts" I lost my job, I was late several times as well as absent because I had to spend the day trying to get the vehicle towed and wait to get the replacement unit, for it to happen all over again within 2 or 3 weeks. It's a vicious cycle that never ends, and if you call and complaint they treat you like a criminal, they are rude and just flat out mean. I was told by one of their customer care representative to stop brushing my teeth before having to drive!!! Really?!?!? so I have to go to work with bad breath because of their faulty equipment. I could go on and on about this company but I'm done for now.

If you are ever offered this option, take the restricted license, at least you'll be able to go to work.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/08/2011 09:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CST-Intoxalock/Des-Moines-Iowa-50325/CST-Intoxalock-an-Arrogant-and-Dangerous-Company-This-company-is-the-biggest-fraud-Iv-806609. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CST - Intoxalock

Class Action Lawsuit

AUTHOR: Swaintek - ()

I just got off the phone with a customer service rep who flat out refused to give me even her name, and then when I asked to speak to a supervisor was told that I could be transferred to voicemail.  I asked her to please have the supervisor contact me when available, and asked when that would be.  Not only did she refuse to even give me a ballpark estimate, she wouldn't even give me a day when the supervisor would get back to me.  My car has been sitting, dead of course because this product is a piece of junk that ruins car batteries, in a Car Toys parking lot for 4 days now.  3 days ago I had another hour long phone call with another very rude Intoxalock rep who insisted that it was basically my problem and that my battery was the cause of the recalibrated device not working.  It took me putting the Car Toys technician on the phone with her to confirm that it was not my battery, it was their faulty device, before she would even listen to me.

At that point she guaranteed me that they would overnight a replacement part and it would be in by Saturday.  It's Saturday, no part, my car is still sitting dead in a bad part of town, and I couldn't have had a more rude conversation with a customer service rep than the one I just had.  The customer service rep made it very clear that she could care less about my issue and made it clear that I was an inconvenience to her.  I am beyond fed up with this joke of a company.  They have a captive consumer base that has no other options and they feel they can treat their customers like garbage.  I will at a minimum be filing in small claims court, I would love to file a class action lawsuit.  I've already emailed a class action attorney, and would love it if anyone else who has had similar experiences with intoxalock contact me at (((email redacted)))

Intoxalock Customer Service

AUTHOR: IntoxalockbyCST - (United States of America)

Hello ARueda,

My name is Juli, I work for Intoxalock and I would like to address your concerns. I apologize for the service you received. We do not ever want any customer to feel they were treated the way you are describing.  We also understand that having this type of device installed can be a lifestyle change for any person and it is our goal to make each and every one of our clients experiences with the Intoxalock as seamless and smooth as possible.

The Intoxalock, as well as any other ignition interlock device, will read any source of alcohol, not just an alcoholic beverage.  Because there are thousands of products that contain alcohol, we strongly recommend that you wait at least 15 minutes to submit a breath sample after you eat, drink, or use any product that may contain alcohol.  This recommendation is not meant to be a hassle, but to help drivers avoid lockouts caused by non-alcoholic beverage readings.

I know the 72 hour lockout is short, unfortunately each state sets the rules for the turnaround times and we must follow these requirements.  When a device goes into a lockout, this state requirement does in some cases leave a customer with the choice of using UPSs expedited shipping or leaving your car parked once the unit expires.  We understand how frustrating that is, but we try to get you a new unit as fast as we can at the best price.

Again, I apologize for any inconveniences you have experienced and I invite you to please contact me at 877-777-5020 if you would like to further discuss your situation.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

Here's an even better way to avoid this....

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE!!!

Be happy some of us who have had friends and family killed by drunk drivers, such as yourself, don't write the laws.

You'd be in jail for a LONG time and license revoked for 10+ years and then the monitoring device on your vehicle.

The device is NOT your problem...YOU are. Grow up.